Evergrey announces "Major Changes"?

Monday Morning Apocalypse sucked and Torn was only a step back toward their previous quality.

I think whatever this change is - if it is as "major" as they make it out to be, it's either going to help reestablish them as the gods they are/were, or be a nail in the coffin and probably doom them to mediocrity indefinitely.

+1

MMA was an obomination...

... and it was. :D

I don't HATE Monday Morning Apocalypse like I used to - it's a very good commercial metal album - it's just a bad Evergrey album that did away with a lot of what made them great.

My favorite Evergrey disc is Solitude Dominance Tragedy, but you're right, MMA is a good commercial metal album.

~Brian~

With all due respect to the drummers on the board (and I mean that sincerely), bands are almost never impacted by the loss of a drummer. Perhaps you, as drummers, hear a difference, as you are especially attuned to that particular instrument, but I suspect 95% of non-drummer fans don't feel the impact in a significant way.

But sometimes said drummer can put "that touch" on it that other drummers might not.

I totally agree. That's why I said: 'I'm not saying that some drummers aren't better that other and brings a different sound but do you really think a more 'progressive' drumming style would make MMA a better album??'

I just don't think that bringing Patrick back will fix the problem that the past couple of CDs weren't that good. At first I didn't like that Mike left the band but when they got Jari I was cool with it. Being a decent Strato fan I thought this would be a good move. Now Torn was even worse than MMA but I wouldn't say that it was because Mike wasn't on the CD that caused this.

I am an MMA fan. I hope that one change will be a management company that will bring the band to the United States for a full tour. Most importantly a tour that brings them to the west coast (Los Angeles, CA).

With all due respect to the drummers on the board (and I mean that sincerely), bands are almost never impacted by the loss of a drummer. Perhaps you, as drummers, hear a difference, as you are especially attuned to that particular instrument, but I suspect 95% of non-drummer fans don't feel the impact in a significant way.

I think this is mostly true, but there are exceptions and those usually are when the drummers are one of the principle songwriters, i.e. if Portnoy from DT or Tomas Haake from Meshuggah left, it would not be good.

I think MMA is a great album, very well written songs. Some of their catchiest stuff, In Remembrance, Unspeakable, etc....I love ISOT, RD, etc but MMA is the one I go back to the most.