Evergrey Press Release

DigitalMan

Feb 11, 2002
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sweden's EVERGREY Unveils Vibrant 'Recreation Day' Through InsideOut Music America on March 11th

US Performances Confirmed!

Having made a lasting impact with critics and fans alike with their last release In Search Of Truth, Sweden's EVERGREY is ready to unveil its latest masterwork upon the world on March 11th with the elegant 'Recreation Day' for InsideOut Music America.

Displaying marked growth with each release, EVERGREY has concocted a musically colorful, yet lyrically bleak, reflection of the world with 'Recreation Day'. Part fantasy & part honest emotion, the album (once again produced by King Diamond guitarist Andy LaRocque and mixed by Fredrik Nordström) redefines Swedish Metal with a progressive flair beyond even Meshuggah's capabilities. Thought provoking and sonically uncompromising, 'Recreation Day' is yet another exceptional release for EVERGREY, a band whose multi-textured style incorporates Northern moroseness, dextrous progressive musicianship, and soulful, heartfelt balladry. Vocalist/guitarist Tom S. Englund describes the bold content contained within 'Recreation Day', "The music is representative of what EVERGREY is about, the diversity we have in most of our songs. My idea was to make it really beautiful and hard-hitting."

True words indeed, as the power harnessed on the album has compelled the band to film videos for the sobering "I'm Sorry" and the vigorous "Blinded" to promote the release. EVERGREY is also planning to promote the album in America with a number of live appearances, including the BWBK 6-Pack Weekend Festival in Cleveland this June (alongside such legendary acts as Candlemass , Trouble, and Nevermore), as well as a return to the increasingly acclaimed Prog Power Festival in Atlanta this Fall. Plans are also in the works for an extensive Spring tour, the band's first-ever for North America.

Although the content of EVERGREY's albums can be described as melancholic, their work ethic is anything but, and we will be seeing a lot more of the band as the year progresses.

"as well as a return to the increasingly acclaimed Prog Power Festival in Atlanta this Fall."

So I guess that press release gives one band away as for the lineup at Prog Power this year! I am definitely happy with the first confirmed band!!!

Awesome press release and awesome album... however... the album was produced by Tom Englund and Henrik Danhage (though it was produced in Andy's studio)

Speaking of Evergrey, how cool would it be if they added " For Every Tear That Falls" to their set list. That would mean of course they would need a female vocalist on hand to do the duet. I am curious to hear if new material has female backing vocals, I am sure it does. I remeber hearing their debut CD when it was first released and I have been hooked ever since.
Everygrey Forever More!

According to Evergrey's official webpage, the band is looking to tour the states with Hammerfall! Should be fun!

Now I understand many don't like Hammerfall for one reason or another, but here's what I don't get.....

Hammerfall can tour the states three times in five years...

Helloween, with the exception of ONE show, can't touch US Soil...Same with other "bigger" bands like Stratovarius. Go figure..

People may despise Hammerfall, but you really have to stand up and give the band an ovation for their touring efforts. While many other bigger names say they cannot tour due to costs, Hammerfall sucks it up and does it.

Now, how can Hammerfall afford it, yet all of the other bigger names cannot do so? Let's be honest, it's not all about the money. Most of the bigger names have established a certain comfort level on tour throughout the rest of the world. They get 1,000-5,000 people at each stop. They get big fancy riders with every item know to man from the promoters. They get a nice big tour bus. The list goes on.

If you tour the U.S., you simply have to check your ego at the door. You cannot expect the same treatment here as you get elsewhere. You can do the smaller tour circuit (aka shit clubs) and slowly build your following and your draw. That is exactly what Iced Earth and In Flames have done successfully (with Symphony X starting the same route now). Most of the bigger bands of our genre are not willing to "stoop" to that level.

Glenn H

Originally posted by Haunted Eclipse
Speaking of Evergrey, how cool would it be if they added " For Every Tear That Falls" to their set list. That would mean of course they would need a female vocalist on hand to do the duet. I am curious to hear if new material has female backing vocals, I am sure it does.

Your assumption is correct. It would be awesome if Carina (the person responsible for all the female vocals on Evergrey's albums, and now engaged to Tom Englund) joined them on tour...

Exactly my point Glenn. I happen to enjoy Hammerfall...so having them here in the US three times in five years is great! However, I wish other bands <ahem STRATOVARIUS + HELLOWEEN ahem> would swallow their pride and do the same...