How popular is Evergrey?

sknight said:
Good point. The thematic approach to albums gives a buyer more incentive to purchase a whole album and the serious listeners will want to get to the bottom of the story.

MTV and radio play doesn't mean the band is popular. Dream Theater is a great example of this. They get nothing, yet are big. I'm from the same town as them and when they play NYC, or any other place in the US, it's a 5,000 seat theatre (or 15,000 seat arena) with no advertising. That's the power of word of mouth and building yourself up over time.

I agree.

MetalWarheart666 said:
Hmm, not that I remember. But I do imagine if they were to have a video played or a song in the background on MTV2.. they probably would be more popular than they already are? :err:

They've had a few videos played on MTV2, actually. A Touch of Blessing, Masterplan, I'm Sorry... they're not in regular rotation, but they do get airplay.

I have my Tivo set up to record Headbangers Ball on MTV2 every saturday. Unfortunatly since EG was on HBB last May during the release of Inner Circle, they havn't played an EG video since. They did however play "A touch of blessing" for its debut the week after Tom and Henk were guests on the show.I can't believe the 'crap' they play on there. I really love it when they have guest hosts. Jasta is so annoying. And FFS, will he please change those damn camo shorts he wears?!!!! Seriously!!