Evergrey's MMA

After listening to it a few more times over the past year, I would place MMA at the bottom of the catalog--but still better than 95% of the other stuff I heard in 2007...

But I am an EG fanboy

I don't hate MMA but I do feel it is a step down from the previous work. To me their best is ISOT and SDT, followed by Recreation Day then Inner Circle. I felt MMA lost alot of the ingredients that drew me to Evergrey in the first place.

Agreed. To me, it just didn't sound much like Evergrey. I could especially tell how the drums were mixed much differently than on the IC and compared to the live sound.

MMA was my introduction to the band, then I chose to watch the DVD in preparation for their performance at ProgPower. I agree J Dubya, the DVD is one of the best I own! Needless to say, I own every one of the band's discs now and consider myself a huge fan. :worship:

~Brian~

I didn't like it at first, but warmed up to it some. Still, it's my least favorite of theirs, but it still made my top 20 list that year. In Search Of Truth is my favorite by a decent margin.

Well, damn, just post exactly what I was going to say, why don't you?? :p

I actually just ordered and received MMA like Saturday. KimK plays it on occasion when we go someplace in her car, and I realized I'd really warmed up to it, espacially the first few tracks. I hope they get back more to their earlier sound, but I will give whatever they come up with a shot. Sometimes I just have to put stuff away and pull it back out later.

Shaye

I thought the DVD visually was nice but the sound was a bit muddy and way too bottom heavy. But still one of my favorite bands. I don't expect a band not to change, you have too or you get stagnant, just hoping they bring back the elements that made ISOT and others so good.