Evidence supporting creationism ?

:Spin: Alright, how many ways do I have to explain this: I was responding to your question, "How did God evolve". I said that was silly because Silent Songs was arguing for creationism, which holds God as the supreme being, who has no beginning or end.
Of course we don't know God exists for sure. I have faith that God exists. It would destory the whole concept of faith if it were proven that God existed.

This argument waxes tedious, like the "Are Africans Inferior?" argument.

According to our current rationalistic scientific principles, God is a ludicrous idea and Africans are clearly a previous stage in evolution.

But trying to "prove" this requires that all parties adapt to this viewpoint.

I think it makes more sense to return to the cosmic idealistic religions and view God as not separate from reality, in which case one sees evolution/science/logic = God.

At that point, the question is moot (as is the African question: who cares, get all other races the fuck away from my own or there's going to be delicious violence).

JColtrane said:
:Spin: Alright, how many ways do I have to explain this: I was responding to your question, "How did God evolve". I said that was silly because Silent Songs was arguing for creationism, which holds God as the supreme being, who has no beginning or end.
Of course we don't know God exists for sure. I have faith that God exists. It would destory the whole concept of faith if it were proven that God existed.

I know.
I simply posted that question because I wonder why, if any gods exists, would they not be subjected to evolution? If we say now, how do we know?

Ultimately, of course, I find the notion of a super-being(s) as entirely unlikely, so it IS a moot point.

I just think African culture is at a lower stage of evolution, not genetics etc. I know Africans that speak 7 or 8 languages easily, and can discuss geo-politics and economics with ease.

As for the previous discussions, just who did create God, or the one etc? Does this God or the one represent the universe: encompassing everything that will or has existed? What came before god; nothingness perhaps? And how come this god was unknown in all peoples until some guy named Abraham? So basically, God is he exists, has only been known by a portion of the enlightened population of certian religions, and for no more than a few thousand years. Why would God be so selective and mysterious? Does he have something to prove? Or did man create god?--which seems to me the easiest explanation to all of this What about the rest of the Gods? Zeus, Allah, the one, the hindu gods, etc? Are they battling it out as to who created the world? Surely one of them must know?

speed said:
I just think African culture is at a lower stage of evolution, not genetics etc. I know Africans that speak 7 or 8 languages easily, and can discuss geo-politics and economics with ease.

As for the previous discussions, just who did create God, or the one etc? Does this God or the one represent the universe: encompassing everything that will or has existed? What came before god; nothingness perhaps? And how come this god was unknown in all peoples until some guy named Abraham? So basically, God is he exists, has only been known by a portion of the enlightened population of certian religions, and for no more than a few thousand years. Why would God be so selective and mysterious? Does he have something to prove? Or did man create god?--which seems to me the easiest explanation to all of this What about the rest of the Gods? Zeus, Allah, the one, the hindu gods, etc? Are they battling it out as to who created the world? Surely one of them must know?
1, what about higher state? their typical skin color adapts them to their environment, while myself (and likely you) get burned more easily.

2. no one knows what came "before" God, if there is such a time. i think He does have something to prove

i agree, and further, i really despise when people post simply a link as a response to a discussion. its the internet equivilent of me asking you a question and you throwing a book at your feet. you have argued nothing, all you do is present information. it says nothing of your position.