Im glad I dont live in the south and glad I am not a republican

The thing I don't get about religion...

There are billions and billions and billions and billions of planets and solar systems in our universe, all created by our "God". There are thousands and thousands of different religions right here on earth, yet christianity is the right one...what? The whole bible and death and resurrection crap and all that happened right here on our planet...whoa! How convenient. Give me a break people, just how scared can people be about death? Religion was created to justify our existence and more importantly to establish laws. Religion is good for those who study it and make themselves better people for it, try to live a better life. I respect that, even though it's all out of fear. Unfortuneately though in 21st century earth it is now a cause of wars, infighting, and senseless death. All for nothing. The bible wasn't meant to be taken litterally, it's just supposed to teach morals. It's a story, a story with purpose. I am a lifelong athiest and I have never committed a crime or hurt anyone and I am always the most polite and respectful person to everyone I ever meet...why? Because that's what god wants? HELL NO--Because I treat people the way I want them to treat me! Simple, huh? Without religion this world would be a much happier place...no fear, no hate, just everyone knowing that we all live together and we should all make the best of it, whatever little time we have.

Just my opinion, I respect everyone else's...but most importantly...

NEW ANTHRAX IN A FEW SHORT DAYS!!! YEAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

sufferer said:

There are billions and billions and billions and billions of planets and solar systems in our universe, all created by our "God". There are thousands and thousands of different religions right here on earth, yet christianity is the right one...what? The whole bible and death and resurrection crap and all that happened right here on our planet...whoa! How convenient. Give me a break people, just how scared can people be about death? Religion was created to justify our existence and more importantly to establish laws. Religion is good for those who study it and make themselves better people for it, try to live a better life. I respect that, even though it's all out of fear. Unfortuneately though in 21st century earth it is now a cause of wars, infighting, and senseless death. All for nothing. The bible wasn't meant to be taken litterally, it's just supposed to teach morals. It's a story, a story with purpose. I am a lifelong athiest and I have never committed a crime or hurt anyone and I am always the most polite and respectful person to everyone I ever meet...why? Because that's what god wants? HELL NO--Because I treat people the way I want them to treat me! Simple, huh? Without religion this world would be a much happier place...no fear, no hate, just everyone knowing that we all live together and we should all make the best of it, whatever little time we have.

Just my opinion, I respect everyone else's...but most importantly...

NEW ANTHRAX IN A FEW SHORT DAYS!!! YEAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

Agreed!

sufferer said:

There are billions and billions and billions and billions of planets and solar systems in our universe, all created by our "God". There are thousands and thousands of different religions right here on earth, yet christianity is the right one...what?

I am just waiting for the day that Thor shall smash all the monotheistic heretics. God, Allah, Buddah... hogwash. Believing in them won't get you into Valhalla, my poor misguided friends. :D

Scott

I am also uncool for being a christian who is into metal, because we should all be hopeless junkies, right? I don't force my beleifs on anyone, and I have found that as the years have gone by, I have been persecuted for my beliefs more and more. I mean, why does it bother people SO MUCH that I believe in something?