Evidence - VE sample comment thread

The vocals are better than other albums...the production is great...but we will samples of the best songs of the album...from for example of Ghost of the sun...i listened what is incredible...

Evidence is a sample of 45 seconds of the track 11!!!!!! this is not a sample of "single" song...track 11..... :?

We will like samples of this album similars to super-songs..."Teargas"..."Relention"..."Deadhouse"..."Right in to the bliss"... :p

Thanks,

KiNo.

It's hard to get any kind of picture from it other than the production (the production is good). But.. well a lot of Katatonia's songs took me a while to really get to like. And they don't really have many stand-out parts to the music, songs just function as a whole. It'd do much more good to throw out a full song.. and I always feel guilty downloading leaked stuff from bands I really love.

Originally posted by kinometal
The vocals are better than other albums...the production is great...but we will samples of the best songs of the album...from for example of Ghost of the sun...i listened what is incredible...

Evidence is a sample of 45 seconds of the track 11!!!!!! this is not a sample of "single" song...track 11..... :?

We will like samples of this album similars to super-songs..."Teargas"..."Relention"..."Deadhouse"..."Right in to the bliss"... :p

Thanks,

KiNo.

So basically, what you are saying is that the best songs of an album always are the first few ones, and then they get progressively worse towards the end?

I really dug the sample, but I'm not going to judge based on such a teeny tiny short bit. That'd be like judging Opeth on 45 seconds of any single song of theirs... which is just wrong and can't be done.

It's perked my interest, for sure.

I can't wait for the album!

it`s definitely amazing, no doubts about that, though i have two lil` objections:

1. it`s way too short :p
2. the drumming is weaker -- i think 'last fair deal gone down' had one of its most important advantages residing in drumming, and this time it`s a lot.. weaker, i`d say.

the guitars are much better, though, and so are the vocals. amazing production, dan swanö kicks ass...

it`s gonna be a blast, a blast i tell ya!

Radio WOULD be great. It'd be awesome if these guys could get the recognition they deserve for making such great music.

Originally posted by Scourge of Malice
I think bands tend to put the most powerful songs earlier on in albums .. with a couple others spread around.. just my interpretation

Hmm, that may be true for some bands but however I think it's not with Katatonia.

For me the most powerful song on "Tonight's Decision" is "Black Session" and for LFDGD its "Don't tell a soul" which are the last songs...