Evile and Megadeth tour!!

My bad for bringing the warmachine guys themselves into the discussion and apologies for any assumptions i made. It seems pretty clear where you guys stand and that's cool. I still am a bit disappointed with the progpower forum for going batshit crazy over the situation.

Wow that sucks if you guys are being bothered about this whole issue, because clearly you have nothing to do with what happened. I personally liked you guys the best out of all the other bands on the poll, so i am happy that you got a spot, i wish you had gotten the rest of the shows as well.

What we tried to set straight is the fact that nobody from Megadeth contacted us at any point, so his statement of "Warmachine doesnt have the means" had no grounds. And we feel it was important to clear that up in case that any other band or promoter might have been thinking of inviting us to Europe, and perhaps after reading Mustaine's comment they might not even bother to contact us. We're not saying that Mustaine lied about how the poll worked, but he shouldnt have said what he said about Warmachine the way he said it.

Hey Man, welcome to our forum!

Yeah, I understand how that would have seemed and made you guys feel the way he put it, but I doubt he meant to cause any offence or dis-respect. Probably just a mis-worded statement. And yeah quite a few people have mailed giving me/us shit but, free speech and all that jazz.

Anyway, hope all is well in the WM camp and hope to see you guys some day. Awesome cover of Tornado of souls btw!

All the best! Ol

Well, I admit I did get a bit pissed off and I thought it was a farce at first. I had a chat with one of the megadeth system lords cos there was a thread about this on the forums.

Basically, people were bitching about evile and all singing war machines praises for the most part. Someone said something shitty about war machine and the comment rightly got deleted by the system lord who is also one of their pals. Fine. No bad thing.

But the shit about evile was allowed to remain until I pointed it out. It is not fair to allow shit to be said about bands you dont like and then take shit off about the ones you want to win. So they changed it. Good.

But in that thread I saw a lot of people that rub shoulders with dave going on about how evile are nothing special and about how great war machine are. That pissed me off. I even sent a message to ol or matt, cant remember which, saying how I thought the voting was a farce after things I saw in that thread. Glad I was wrong. Only after the voting closed did I see that is was to 'help decide', so I still hoped evile would get in and I am fucking glad they did :headbang:

Here is my review of last night (norwich) as posted on the megadeth boards, with some smilies changed cos they aint the same, not that it matters. Anyway:

Got there at 6 and when they finally opened the doors I was just too late to get to the barrier but I got in the second row and was slightly to the left of the center.

Now, EVILE: Dave, thank you SO much for choosing this band.

This band gets better every time I see them, of which last night was the 6th. Their set list was over all too quickly, but people loved it. I particularly enjoyed We Who Are About To Die. I managed to speak to Ben, Matt and the fucking excellent Mike Alexander :kickass: Couldnt get a pic cos my fucking phone said 'not enough memory to perform operation'. Didnt have time to delete stuff but I am seeing them again next week so its all good. I was thrilled that they still recognised me. Matt said he didnt want to sign peoples tickets on the front next to the signitures we got of Megadeth when they came out, but I said fuck that you have earned the right to tour alongside them you sign that fucker whereever you want! :kickass:

JFAC: Well, you either are into this genre of music or you are not. I am not. There were several last night that were but some people were very disrespectful. Instead of throwing the horns people were giving the finger right at the front. People were shouting out "Job for a gayboy" and all sorts. It really wasnt on. I dont like the music, but I dispise discourtesy. I hope the other gigs they play at they are better recieved whether the majority are into them or not.

MEGADETH:

I didnt remain at the front very long, it has to be said. I have already broken some kids nose at a megadeth gig from someone pushing and sending my then 14 stone body flying. I wasnt going to have the same thing happen to the fucking gorgeous girl in front of me last night. Shoulda said something :erk:

Anyway.......back to the gig :lol:

It's the best megadeth gig I have seen. Definately. Dave said how much he was looking forward to gigantour UK and he really looked so very happy to be there. You can tell with him. It's not one of these wry smiles you get from other bands who just come on, do their thing, and say cheers at the end. Chris Broderick is in my opinion the best guitarist megadeth have ever had. That is in NO way to say anything bad about Glen, Al, Marty or any of the others but Chris tops the lot. I hadnt forgotten the amount of energy James Lomenzo brings to it, which was something I was greatly looking forward to seeing again and I wasnt let down.

I was not expecting A Tout Le Monde. It was great to hear again, as was the addition of ashes in your mouth. I love how Dave makes the guitar growl in that song. With Chris, you would never have known he had only been in Megadeth for a couple of months. A testament to how much talent this guy has is how he has done this in such a short time. Outstanding.

True to form Dave didn't speak much, which is fine. He only said things that were worth saying, like "I thing bands who you pay to watch that come on stage and talk all the time are" - I just LOVED this - "fucking wankers". It was hilarious hearing those words from Dave.

He told one guy to calm down cos he was having too much fun and the guy shouted back "Every time!" so dave said "Every time huh? Watch this" then he got one of shawns drumsticks and reached right over the crowd to hand it to the guy who said it.

Shawns drums were awesome and he didnt miss a beat. I loved how they had their own cage it was great.

Watching Evile and Megadeth is the most I have ever enjoyed thrash metal. I was pleased Evile hung around by the merchandise area to say hello. If you want to meet these guys, chances are they will meet some fans there for a bit after their gigs.

They didnt let you retain tickets but luckily you could grab them on the way out so I could hopefully get a signed one :D

Now, the next part is of particular significance to me because as some of you know, despite everything being planned with passes/signing sessions/airports etc, I have failed to meet dave on 4 occasions.

After the gig we waited around outside for 2 and a half hours and during that time a handful of us got to meet and in some cases get pics with the band. Since my camera on my phone was crap, I have only got a pic of my autographed ticket.

Bring on Birmingham and London!

"VIOLENT PREMONTIONS OF THE DEATH!!!"

Thats it. I look forward to the same thing on Friday and Sunday :kickass:

Here is my review of last night (norwich) as posted on the megadeth boards, with some smilies changed cos they aint the same, not that it matters. Anyway:

Got there at 6 and when they finally opened the doors I was just too late to get to the barrier but I got in the second row and was slightly to the left of the center.

Now, EVILE: Dave, thank you SO much for choosing this band.

This band gets better every time I see them, of which last night was the 6th. Their set list was over all too quickly, but people loved it. I particularly enjoyed We Who Are About To Die. I managed to speak to Ben, Matt and the fucking excellent Mike Alexander :kickass: Couldnt get a pic cos my fucking phone said 'not enough memory to perform operation'. Didnt have time to delete stuff but I am seeing them again next week so its all good. I was thrilled that they still recognised me. Matt said he didnt want to sign peoples tickets on the front next to the signitures we got of Megadeth when they came out, but I said fuck that you have earned the right to tour alongside them you sign that fucker whereever you want! :kickass:

JFAC: Well, you either are into this genre of music or you are not. I am not. There were several last night that were but some people were very disrespectful. Instead of throwing the horns people were giving the finger right at the front. People were shouting out "Job for a gayboy" and all sorts. It really wasnt on. I dont like the music, but I dispise discourtesy. I hope the other gigs they play at they are better recieved whether the majority are into them or not.

MEGADETH:

I didnt remain at the front very long, it has to be said. I have already broken some kids nose at a megadeth gig from someone pushing and sending my then 14 stone body flying. I wasnt going to have the same thing happen to the fucking gorgeous girl in front of me last night. Shoulda said something :erk:

Anyway.......back to the gig :lol:

It's the best megadeth gig I have seen. Definately. Dave said how much he was looking forward to gigantour UK and he really looked so very happy to be there. You can tell with him. It's not one of these wry smiles you get from other bands who just come on, do their thing, and say cheers at the end. Chris Broderick is in my opinion the best guitarist megadeth have ever had. That is in NO way to say anything bad about Glen, Al, Marty or any of the others but Chris tops the lot. I hadnt forgotten the amount of energy James Lomenzo brings to it, which was something I was greatly looking forward to seeing again and I wasnt let down.

I was not expecting A Tout Le Monde. It was great to hear again, as was the addition of ashes in your mouth. I love how Dave makes the guitar growl in that song. With Chris, you would never have known he had only been in Megadeth for a couple of months. A testament to how much talent this guy has is how he has done this in such a short time. Outstanding.

True to form Dave didn't speak much, which is fine. He only said things that were worth saying, like "I thing bands who you pay to watch that come on stage and talk all the time are" - I just LOVED this - "fucking wankers". It was hilarious hearing those words from Dave.

He told one guy to calm down cos he was having too much fun and the guy shouted back "Every time!" so dave said "Every time huh? Watch this" then he got one of shawns drumsticks and reached right over the crowd to hand it to the guy who said it.

Shawns drums were awesome and he didnt miss a beat. I loved how they had their own cage it was great.

Watching Evile and Megadeth is the most I have ever enjoyed thrash metal. I was pleased Evile hung around by the merchandise area to say hello. If you want to meet these guys, chances are they will meet some fans there for a bit after their gigs.

They didnt let you retain tickets but luckily you could grab them on the way out so I could hopefully get a signed one :D

Now, the next part is of particular significance to me because as some of you know, despite everything being planned with passes/signing sessions/airports etc, I have failed to meet dave on 4 occasions.

After the gig we waited around outside for 2 and a half hours and during that time a handful of us got to meet and in some cases get pics with the band. Since my camera on my phone was crap, I have only got a pic of my autographed ticket.

Bring on Birmingham and London!

"VIOLENT PREMONTIONS OF THE DEATH!!!"

Thats it. I look forward to the same thing on Friday and Sunday :kickass:

Awesome man! Reads like you had a gret fuckin time! Cant wait for Bilbao. Im so psyched, thrash metal all the way coz Job for Cowboy arent gonna play here.
Too bad about the phone camera, but maybe you´ll get some pics friday and saturday :)

Good review!:kickass:

Can anyone confirm set Evile are playing?
First Blood
Thrasher
Who Who Are About To Die
Bathe In Blood
Enter The Grave

Short set.

Thought I'd take this opportunity to post pics of the Newcastle gig. (have a video of Bathe In Blood, but it's too big to stick on youtube) :erk:

sdc10045dd3.jpg

sdc10046ns0.jpg

sdc10047zo6.jpg

sdc10049dy3.jpg

sdc10050bl8.jpg

Missed them in Glasgow but they more than made up for it in Newcastle. The crowd were pretty responsive to Evile while they played, but then died when Job For a Cowboy came on. :lol: I'm sorry to say, but JFAC are just so out of place on this tour.

After the gig, went outside hoping to meet up with Megadeth or something, and was waiting for ages. Eventually, we saw Ol and Ben, so I asked what happened to Glasgow, and they said that their bus burst a tyre, and they waited 3 hours for a van to come get it fixed, and then a further hour for them to actually fix it. Or something... either way, they weren't getting to Glasgow. Got my picture taken with Ol and Ben (can be seen below, cheers dudes :p ), then I headed over to the Evile bus.

sdc10071gg5.jpg

Met Matt there, and talked to him a while... he recognised me from the gig they played in Arbroath just before Christmas which was awesome. Talked about how much the merch was a rip off and that I should've bought my shirt from him, cos I would've got a discount (£22 for a shirt is pretty steep)... and a tenner for a Megadeth wristband is expensive as hell.

Ben showed up, and we all ogled this drunk bird with nice norks (heh)... who ended up walking past twice. So, um, yeah, that was a highlight too. Some other guy (most likely drunk also) fell over his mate and bounced off the kerb, so Ben went over to help him out, and tried to thumb a taxi for him as he looked quite badly hurt, but all the taxi drivers were dicks and just waved at Ben (wtf?).

By this time, Mike had arrived, saw me and went "Hey, I know you!", which was awesome also, and I got a beer off him. Cheers for that as well dude :p. Shortly after Mike arrived, a police car turned up to see to the guy who'd faceplanted the pavement, so it was a quick fumble to hide our beer, heh. And then came the comment of the night, from Mike. "If i stand still, do you think they'll see me?" :lol:

So, the police left, Ol showed up shortly thereafter, and then Evile left. Due to hanging with Evile, I missed meeting Dave, but, no bother, had a good time :p

Oh, and here's a picture of the back of the bus! Best comment by far is "Stevie Wonder cleaned this" :lol:

sdc10072cj6.jpg

fuckin hell, I ran into a problem and got to the birmingham show at 8:00 pm :( missed Evile's said, I was so pissed off about that.