Evile's thoughts on a cover?

It's been discussed/considered, but like I think I've said before it's a grey area.

I'd rather concentrate on our own material until we feel we all WANT to do a cover. I don't think enough people care enough about Evile for us to put our name to someone else's material. In my opinion it'd be very pretentious of us to do so.

Fuck, i'm sounding serious.

Breasts.

there

Say you did do a cover, who do you think you'd be covering? Some Annihilator maybe? (HUMAN INSECTICIDE RUHH)

i'll tell you now, i'd want to cover none of them. i actually wouldn't want to cover anything like that, i'd rather take an old prog song and make it sound like an evile song.... to me thats a cover. not just doing a song by another band of the same style as yourself.

Ah, I see...... Soo..... Evile Floyd? :lol:

If Evile covered soething by Floyd, it'd just prove to size of their massive brass balls of doom. Unless they fucking ruin it like Korn did.

I reckon Matt is right, Evile would be better off covering something that ISN'T thrash. Much like Coroner did with Purple Haze, I Want You and Der Mussolini. I gotta say though, Evile covering Pink Floyd (WELL) would make me wet.

i'll tell you now, i'd want to cover none of them. i actually wouldn't want to cover anything like that, i'd rather take an old prog song and make it sound like an evile song.... to me thats a cover. not just doing a song by another band of the same style as yourself.

Like Atheist doing YYZ on their new album? That'd be interesting to say the least. Maybe you could do a Jethro Tull cover and win a few awards XD

I see what you mean with thrash covering thrash. I like both styles of covers (making them your own like Devo's Satisfaction cover or Tera Melos' cover of the Pixies' "Tame" and then just playing the original note for note in your own style like Anthrax does with Metallica etc), but I think making them completely your own is more interesting for studio album covers. Maybe some other "normal" covers could be released for free as an online download album?

Covers arent always a great idea. Why have a cover when you could see another Evile song? Have a look at what happened to some bands when they did covers. Like Xentrix, Lawnmower Deth and even HOD had a difficult time of getting the Transformers theme out of the set, and its good that they did, when they did.

If Evile covered soething by Floyd, it'd just prove to size of their massive brass balls of doom. Unless they fucking ruin it like Korn did.

I actually liked Korns cover of Another Brick, but i think Evile would be able to make an awesome cover of something but i defo agree with covering a song which isnt the same style as the band already is

Covers arent always a great idea. Why have a cover when you could see another Evile song? Have a look at what happened to some bands when they did covers. Like Xentrix, Lawnmower Deth and even HOD had a difficult time of getting the Transformers theme out of the set, and its good that they did, when they did.

yup, playing a cover live will never be done by this band. maybe the occasional riff or two if we're messing around, but no covers live. we have our own songs to play now...

i cant help but imagine what girls alouds sound of the underground would sound like in an evile styleee

hahaha. Like metallica with Am I Evil in the early 90s and such? Lars on vocals and kirk with the bass! Good stuff.