EWIKJAJSKJDKVVK

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
We can unveil yet another tour that appears to be set to hit US shores. KATATONIA, SCAR SYMMETRY, and a American touring debut for Spinefarm Records’ SWALLOW THE SUN (whose recent track ‘The Justice of Suffering’ featured guest vocals by KATATONIA frontman Janas Renkse) will be teaming up for a trek across the States. The first date is:

September 4 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

Fuck scar symmetry.... Swallow The Sun and Katatonia in the same tour? And Katatonia is headlining? I will travel if needed. Thats gonna be a fucking SHOW.

Man as awesome as Katatonia finally headlining the US is, I think I'm slightly more excited for Swallow The Sun.

What if they play Out of This Gloomy Light? It's very possible they will. Thats total erection right there!

With Insomnium being on the tour, it makes Scar Symmetry fit a bit more... though I don't like their live set none the less.

Yeah. I like Scar Symmetry and am still bummed I missed the DT/IE/SS tour that just came through the states; but I was a little weirded out by the fact they were on tour with Katatonia. But Insomnium does make it fit a little bit more.
I hope there's a date that I can go to.
Man there are SO many good tours this year, it's insane. And I've missed all of them so far. Shame.

So is Jaxx like the premier metal venue or something? I always hear about this place.

I'm so pissed that The Pound in SF shut down or whatever. That venue was so cool. If only for the fact that parking was a fucking breeze in the town of San Francisco, for a concert. Saw some great shows there. I think every show I saw was outside too.
Everyone plays at Slim's now, in SF. Which is a cool club I guess but is just kind of a regular, boring old venue (in my opinion). The Pound just had this kind of character about it that I loved.

Daylight Dies is great live!
Their sound goes perfectly with Katatonia!

OMG, I would love to see Katatonia play again...I've been a little addicted to them of late. If they plan a show around SF in the fall, I will fucking be there.

NP: Quiet World

Lesa... Swallow The Sun, get some of their stuff. I think you'll enjoy. Very similar to older/mid-career Katatonia, though a little more melodic.