Holy Shit! Katatonia US tour!!!!

Does anyone have the setlists for Insomnium or Swallow The Sun? So far I've been able to piece together a few songs they play just from the posts in this thread, but it'd be cool if I cold get a more complete list.

So anyword on an array of tour merch? Im looking to spend some phat cash, and i have quite literally everything on the site(i am referring to reading a post of one of the earlier shows having stuff on the site at the venue)

Caught the tour at Marks Showplace in Bedford, NH last friday night. I thought everyone sounded pretty good overall the whole night (for those I saw prior to touring bands). It was great to see Katatonia headlining this time (last year we played with them, Daylight Dies and Moonspell was headlining the tour) and Swallow the Sun were awesome live (poor keyboardist doing double duty the whole tour!). Insomnium and Scar Symmetry were also very good. Scar Symmetry I am finding very similar to Soilwork (even singer is bald but a bigger dude) ;-)

Good show, turnout wasn't as good as last year though.....

The report.
So again it was a blast!
Cleveland was good....Detroit was better and Mokena just beat my ass over and over. A few good pics...alot of good memories.

Hung out with Chad and Melissa in Mokena which was cool. GOOD PEOPLE!
Actually Chad did the same rounds me and Cris did.

The spirits of the guys are better this year then last year I think. Being that everyone on the tour is scandinavian melodic music of some sort I think it is a bit better fit. The tour manager is great guy and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. The bus driver is fucking badass.....he played with Death, he challenges the band to be more nutz than they are. I think that may have worked out for him when Daniel pressed his dick against the driver window and was yelling "WALTER!!!" until apparently Walter turned around and got a face full of Dan dick....hahahaha....good times.

I would say the highlight of the whole thing was full on singing Bon Jovi "livin on a prayer" with everyone on the tour bus....I never thought I would be able to use my 6th grade musical knowledge but it did come in handy that night.

Had some great conversation with Jonas....it was nice....we talked about kids...and life.

Basically I felt like I was hanging out with good friends I never get to see....and with good friends it is not the length of time between seeing each other that effects the relationship....it is the quality within the moments had together that strengthens it....and there were many.

Im at work right now so no pics quite yet (to follow)

Thanks to the KATS for the constant hookups, the good times.....and most of all a true sense of brotherhood. Good luck on the rest of the tour.....be safe.

Tonight is going to be very cool - hopefully the turnout will be better than the Moonspell tour. I'm also rather new to the greatness that is Katatonia. I picked up TGCD on vinyl, and am hoping the lads will sign it for me.

Was also in Mokena last night. Great time was had by all.
The setlist was just about same cept they didn't play Had To Leave, they substituted Sweet Nurse ( which was kick ass) and Deliberation. Encore was Dissolving Bonds and Murder.
Swallow the Sun and Insomnium were great. Scar Symmetry sucks, sorry they just aren 't on par with the rest of those bands on this bill. I wasn't the only one thinking this either.
Soundwise the first four bands didn't have a great sound. Was a tad distorted. Katatonia got up there and they had one of the best sounds for a live band that I have heard. Well worth the drive from Kentucky for some kick ass music from Sweden.

Bloodbath!!

And Scar Symmetry owns, don't know why so many people talk shit about them. Great musicians, great guys.

Hey guys I'm leaving for my big road trip to hollywood pretty quick. If anyone wants to say hi at the show on the 19th I'll be the only guy there wearing a bright red chicago bulls basketball jersey(long story about the jersey but its sort of a tradition I have haha). I'm looking forward to finally meeting some of you guys. Until then.....

You could tell it from the crowd reaction. Sure they are some good musicians. Two really fine guitar players. It just seemed that after Insom they were a bit of a letdown. I saw Clutch play on the Sounds of the Underground tour and they sucked too. It was the wrong billing or something. I am sure you put Clutch in a Rock/metal show they would do a lot better crowd-wise just as SC would do better with some other lineup?

I love Pitch Black Progress but they are not a good live band. Their performance last night was :puke:

Definitely in agreement. Just... they're not that entertaining and they don't sound that great. Also, the crowd was acting rather retarded. The drunk men in the audience used SS's music as an excuse to ram into each other really quickly.

the show on the 6th was insane.

Yes, yes it was. :D My ears were ringing for about three days afterwards.

You could tell it from the crowd reaction. Sure they are some good musicians. Two really fine guitar players. It just seemed that after Insom they were a bit of a letdown. I saw Clutch play on the Sounds of the Underground tour and they sucked too. It was the wrong billing or something. I am sure you put Clutch in a Rock/metal show they would do a lot better crowd-wise just as SC would do better with some other lineup?
Well the difference is Clutch sucks in any lineup. I seen them at SOTU and nearly walked out. They don't belong at a metal festival. Maybe a hillbilly stoner jamband festival...but not a metal festival.

Just got back to the 'Burgh earlier today from my Kata-scursion and short visit to a friend in Ohio - wheww!!

Three shows in three nights, man that was killer! The travel between cities was the toughest part considering I drove by myself. It was a small price to pay, however, compared to how much fun I had.

I gotta express my sincere gratitude to Reece and Cris for making the trip a truly memorable and fun experience. Being able to meet up and hang out with the two of you at the shows was cool beyond words.

I also got to meet Shadownine briefly in Cleveland, GrumbleGrumble in Detroit - whom I bought his first ever legal beer and shot :kickass:, and some Katafans from Kentucky in Mokena - don't know if you were one of them or not gatedropper .

Lastly I just want to say thanks to the Kats for coming back to the U.S. so soon and putting together another kickass tour!:headbang:

Oh and thanks to Vicki the merch girl for getting Fred to sign and complete the autographs on my TGCD poster.:)

Can't wait for the pics Reece!!

Chad

All I know is that they didn't play Had To Leave but they did play Sweet Nurse and Deliberation. The rest of the set was what has been posted here I am pretty sure. They did Dissolving Bonds and Murder for the encore.

Just wanted to drop a belated thank you to the band. The St. Paul show was awesome and I got my TGCD vinyl signed, and they couldn't have been more friendly. In case anyone is interested, the Mokena show had a cool article last week with a sentiment I think is dead on: "most underrated metal band on the planet". Apologies if it's been posted already.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=35585

The report.
So again it was a blast!
Cleveland was good....Detroit was better and Mokena just beat my ass over and over. A few good pics...alot of good memories.

Hung out with Chad and Melissa in Mokena which was cool. GOOD PEOPLE!
Actually Chad did the same rounds me and Cris did.

The spirits of the guys are better this year then last year I think. Being that everyone on the tour is scandinavian melodic music of some sort I think it is a bit better fit. The tour manager is great guy and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. The bus driver is fucking badass.....he played with Death, he challenges the band to be more nutz than they are. I think that may have worked out for him when Daniel pressed his dick against the driver window and was yelling "WALTER!!!" until apparently Walter turned around and got a face full of Dan dick....hahahaha....good times.

I would say the highlight of the whole thing was full on singing Bon Jovi "livin on a prayer" with everyone on the tour bus....I never thought I would be able to use my 6th grade musical knowledge but it did come in handy that night.

Had some great conversation with Jonas....it was nice....we talked about kids...and life.

Basically I felt like I was hanging out with good friends I never get to see....and with good friends it is not the length of time between seeing each other that effects the relationship....it is the quality within the moments had together that strengthens it....and there were many.

Im at work right now so no pics quite yet (to follow)

Thanks to the KATS for the constant hookups, the good times.....and most of all a true sense of brotherhood. Good luck on the rest of the tour.....be safe.

you luck sob, god damn im jealous. lol. Glad to hear it though man