EWQL Free string library

jaredistheman

Feb 16, 2010
Memphis, Tn
So i've gotten a new computer and have begun the process migrating over my plug-ins. I have most everything pretty well backed up except for my string plug in (which i use frequently). This was a free plug in that put up for download a few years back and i can't seem to find my .dmg's for it anywhere and I've searched the net all over and i can't seem to find a download for it anywhere (even SOS has taken the page off their site). So i was wondering if anyone possibly used it and still had the .dmg's to install or if they knew of a site that still had them up for download?

Thanks so much for any info!

That's definitely it! Only problem is that's the windows version :/ I need the mac version. It came in a .vst and an .au when i downloaded it previously.

Thanks for looking that up though for me man.

Was it that free PLAY one they did a bit back? I found a torrent for it a while back, I'll see if I can find it again.

A few minutes later:

http://avaxhome.ws/software/software_type/multimedia/msw_instruments/ewql_orchestra_play.html

Is that it? If it's not, I'll delete that link because of piracy. If it is, I think it's ok to link it since EWQL won't lose any money off of a free VST.

Thanks man! I too was looking for this since im going to be doing an overhaul on my PC and cant find the original installers.

Ur the man

east west took the links down, there's probably a reason. it could have been a limited time offer or something similar but i've seen cases where even originally free software becomes illegal to distribute.

so that's just to say that i wouldn't be so sure how legit all this is.

Yeah, they don't work anymore. I remember when they first came out, that shitting installer failed on me so I gave up. I want to get this free thing, since I don't want to shell out for a symphonic VST yet, but the stuff is apparently impossible to find.

Well, yeah, I know, that's why. I want to kinda get a grasp of the symphonic stuff before I go all out, and this was perfect.

It's not really worth the trouble IMHO. Very limited, just a taster of the full product.

Well the closest plug in on the same level of quality seems to me like it's about $100 (miroslav philharmonik). I really enjoyed this plug in. Especially for free. Oh well! Guess i gotta just bite the bullet and fork out the cash. Thanks guys!