ex Cathedra side project

SinnerBoy

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
Hi, has anyone heard the rumor that Tom E will be the singer for a side project called "ex Cathedra" that will include ex Iced Earth guitarist Ralph Santolla, Mike Amott of Arch Enemy, S. DiGiorgio on bass and Gen Hoaglan on drums?

Fuckin awsome line-up! Well,......each musician is good, and at the top of thier game, or past it, but i realy wander if it would work as a whole???
Rumours shit me, they just get your hopes up most of the time.

Interesting though.............can anyone varify/ coment?

Daniel \m/

bassel said:
there is nothing like that and their is no band in this name
see it for your self
www.metal-archives.com

But it might be in the future..

-> http://www.rathole.com/fireworks/17/millenium.asp

The Rat Hole (Fireworks Magazine 17) said:
[font=arial,helvetica]Actually I have a project I’m working towards called Ex-Cathedra – this is a long-term goal – it’ll be me, Steve DiGeorgio – who’s in Testament, and was in Death with me, Gene Hoglan – who’s in Strapping Young Lad, and was also in Death – those two guys are metal legends – and Tom Englund from Evergrey singing. It’s going to be sort of an epic, romantic, melancholy, kind of metal, with real strings, and religious-themed metal tunes – I’m really excited about that. My idea is to have Pete do part of that – we have another couple of people in mind as well because Gene is in Vancouver, Steve is in San Francisco, I’m in Florida, and Tom is in Gothenberg, Sweden – so it’s going to be expensive no matter what we do – but depending on where we work on different aspects of it will determine who we work with. I definitely want Pete to be involved in that – I can’t say enough nice things about Pete Coleman.[/font]

Also check out this -> http://www.tartareandesire.com/interviews/evergrey.html

Tartare And Desire Webzine said:
You are also involved with a project called Ex Cathedra, could you tell more about that?
Oh, yeah, that's what it's called... With DiGiorgio, Hoglan and Ralph [Santolla]. I haven't heard much so I can't say anything about it really. Ralph wants me to write music as well but I don't even know what he has in mind. It's cool guys to play with.