Ex-MEGADETH Guitarist JEFF YOUNG Slams DAVE MUSTAINE

There has always been some sort of controversy where Dave is concerned. It is not all one sided though, if all of you bashers think Dave is 100% at fault, you are so blind. It takes two to tango! As I said before, it is about the music. I don't really care about personal issues between members of a band, Current or Ex.

What's this deal with Dave's supposed "spider chord"? That doesn't make sense. Nobody could be that arrogant to claim to invent a chord for guitar.

I'm not a guitar expert but I think lots of people give credit to the late Denis "Piggy" D'Amour of VOIVOD for actually inventing some new chords of his own. Or maybe it was also just variations of something already existing?

ex Megadeth drummer Chuck Behler comments on Jeff Young.

"I was very disappointed that Jeff chose to go this route," Behler tells BraveWords.com. "I couldn't believe he went 'So Far' - no pun intended. I would just like to set the record straight. Seeing as I was the drummer in the line-up at the time, I was present in the studio, as well as other places - I'll tell you, things never really seemed that bad. As far as Dave humming solos to Jeff, that was sometimes the case. Not to demean Jeff as a guitar player by any means, but mainly because he was called into the project at the last minute. In fact, he would share a lot of ideas with us during recording - not in a way to take control, but just some constructive criticism. Obviously, Dave thought Jeff was a great guitar player or he wouldn't have been hired to begin with. I guess I'm just blown away that Jeff feels the need to bring up all this up now, after 25 years. After all, isn't the music the important thing? Whether people love us, or hate us, we did what we did because we love playing the music. And I really don't think people are too interested in hearing about the petty little things that happened between us back then. I don't know, these are my thoughts on this whole situation. I hope Jeff can find a better way to get past this."

from what I understand, those two never got along from the very beginning.

Chuck and jeff? I think that’s true

Also chuck is super out of the loop. Jeff is not talking about something from 25 years ago. Jeff is responding to new comments made by dave mustaine in recent interviews

i can't. its on the megadeth forums and i'm miserabled on the site.

a recent interview asks dave about upcoming austalia tour dates and he starts talking about because of jeff young the SFSGSW australia tour dates were cancelled because jeff ran out of drugs

a thread about this was posted on the megadeth forum in the TA (total anarchy) section and most people applauded jeff and agreed with him. today the entire total anarchy section of the megadeth forums was deleted never to return again. the thread in the megadeth section of the megadeth forums is still there because most of it is mustaine ass kissing. since he deleted an entire section of the forum my conclusion is what jeff said is true and dave got butthurt about it.

megadeth has always had problems and there is 1 constant and his name is mustaine. he always has a problem that gets blamed on a former member. does he do anything wrong? guess not

I pretty much agree with you...

I found out apparently Dave's kids saw some things on TA that upset them, I think they talked him into getting rid of TA. Dave leaves updated behind the scenes messages at 1-866-597-6342 it's a free call. He says he started writing the next record.

I found out apparently Dave's kids saw some things on TA that upset them, I think they talked him into getting rid of TA. Dave leaves updated behind the scenes messages at 1-866-597-6342 it's a free call. He says he started writing the next record.

yeah people were bringing up all the bad stuff dave had done within the last few years, the affair, telling a kid he wants to fight, trash talking of every former megadeth member, etc., i guess the truth hurts. maybe dave should just stop doing that stuff

its sad people called him out on his affair? maybe its sad he cheated on his wife

My point is, it's "may or may not have done" when it's your boy Jeff, but "I know firsthand about him.." when it's Mustaine? ;)

We don't know anything firsthand, so it's best to concentrate on the music or let it go.

Great musician, certainly.
Genius? He is hardly Franz Liszt or Arnold Schoenberg or others of that ilk.
He is a good musician and a skilled guitarist, but to put him on the same level as true, proper geniuses of music is just absurd.
I'm quite sure he meant in a metal sense and not classical music or music in general sense... but no Dave is not a genius in a metal sense neither... he just wrote good songs..

Jeff young may be pissed about some old things that happened 20 years ago, but it's too late to destroy Mustaine's career now."
Who says he is trying to destroy Dave's career?

Just forget about it! It's between them... The music is all that matters!!!

There has always been some sort of controversy where Dave is concerned. It is not all one sided though, if all of you bashers think Dave is 100% at fault, you are so blind. It takes two to tango! As I said before, it is about the music. I don't really care about personal issues between members of a band, Current or Ex.
Metal Noob eh?

I'm not a guitar expert but I think lots of people give credit to the late Denis "Piggy" D'Amour of VOIVOD for actually inventing some new chords of his own. Or maybe it was also just variations of something already existing?
Never heard anyone say Piggy invented anything...

ex Megadeth drummer Chuck Behler comments on Jeff Young.

"I was very disappointed that Jeff chose to go this route," Behler tells BraveWords.com. "I couldn't believe he went 'So Far' - no pun intended. ."
ahhh unlike Dave bashing Metallica back in the day through the media himself... :rolleyes:

Nobody could be that arrogant to claim to invent a chord for guitar.
He is. Arrogance is his middle name... Yngwie is another one...

I am glad that Young came out and set the record straight. I love Megadeth but we all know Dave and he is fooling nobody. Didn't he recently slammed his record company because Endgame was slipping down the charts and it was all the company's fault? :heh:
+10

Some of these ex guitarists are certainly no angels either, they did their share of fucking up too. Jeff young is acting like a bitch, he was on heroin just as much as Dave was. The truth will come out, just wait until Mustaine's biography comes out then it will be on!
This has nothing to do with their drug use so what is your point? Has to do with Dave's arrogance that he did everything songwriting wise...

Agreed.Dave doesn't have to be everybody's best friend,but man is really a genius and without him no one would ever heard for Menza,Ellefson(he tried to take more of his money and when he failed he wanted to be his friend again),Young,Poland etc.
To be honest,those people are also very good musicians.
A. he's no genius and B. he discovered them, he didn't teach them guitar or other instruments.

yeah no ones perfect, at least he's trying. New Deth lineup has been stable so he must be doing something right.
A stable Deth lineup is a oxymoron lol

My point is, it's "may or may not have done" when it's your boy Jeff, but "I know firsthand about him.." when it's Mustaine? ;)

We don't know anything firsthand, so it's best to concentrate on the music or let it go.
noob...

Larry cut it down the noob thing. We all have been newbies at one point in time. Everybody it's behaving well so far (pun intended) on this thread don't ruin the atmosphere please.

As for Megadave, I posted the original commentary just to spice the traditional soap opera surrounding him. I was discussing yesterday with Vicious Robbie about Dave, this thread and the general controversy and I guess we can summarize the situation:

a) Dave have a serious psychological ego related (or more) problem. But it's his problem not ours.
b) The music of Megadeth is what it counts in the end.
You enjoy the music?, don't give a damn about Dave (or other people) rants. You do enjoy the rants?, skip Megadeth and listen to something else :D

Peace children ;)

Didn't he recently slammed his record company because Endgame was slipping down the charts and it was all the company's fault?

Yeah, but that was (as labels do) when you're dropping an artist or the contract is expiring, they aren't going to sink a ton of money into you. With such a great record though the gripe is rather legitimate.

However, since when do charts matter? My favorite album only sold ~5000 copies and that doesn't make it any better or worse based on the fact that it probably never made it onto the billboard 200.