Ex-Sun Caged drummer - still alive!

D. Rumble

New Metal Member
Jan 10, 2004
NYC
www.dennisleeflang.com
... and kicking!

Just thought I'd post a quick hello! + update here. It's been so long!

I moved to New York City about a year ago (which was about 9 months after leaving Sun Caged). It wasn't easy (getting a visa, travelling back and forth between NY and Holland constantly until I got the visa... spent a fortune on lawyers and plane tickets...) but it was worth all the blood, sweat and tears.
I'm working here now as a session/working/gigging drummer, as well as with my good friend Bumblefoot (aka Ron Thal). Apart from Bumblefoot's own music, I'm working with several other artists that he is producing.
Next to about a dozen other albums and EP's here in NYC, I recorded the drums for the upcoming Bumblefoot album, entitled "Normal", earlier this year, and the album is almost mixed. I believe the release is tentatively set for September 20th. I am extremely excited about this album. It's gonna rock!
In October and November, we'll be touring Europe for about 3 weeks, and we're hoping to be able to confirm a show in Holland as part of the tour as well.

There really is too much to tell. The possibilities are crazy over here in the US. I've learned more in the past year than I've learned in Holland in the past 10 years. And I'm not exaggerating! Playing with so many different bands and artists, and all kinds of music. So much fun! I've had the privilege to meet, jam with and exchange ideas with so many professional musicians, producers and engineers. And I played some awesome venues over here. No school can compete with all these experiences!

Anyways.... I'm glad to see that Sun Caged is back up and running again (after all, it still kinda feels like my baby too, and I'm still very proud of the album we recorded!). I'm curious to hear new material and possibly even see the band play live in the US some time!

I hope I'll be able to meet some of you guys in the near future, at a Bumblefoot show, or any of the other shows I'm doing.

In the meanwhile, please check my site for news updates, pics, sounds and videos. It's updated regularly! www.dennisleeflang.com

Stay groovy!

Cheers,

Dennis Leeflang

Tacky question...
It's mostly a matter of how much time I have... Which is not a lot :) Touring/travelling a lot.
But feel free to email me. Always interested in checking out possibilities to play with people :)

d.

turke said:
Thanks Dennis. Your drumming is amazing in Sun Caged debut.
I wish you the best.

Thanks! Much appreciated... :)

Got some clinics booked for the coming months... Will most likely perform some Sun Caged tunes at these clinics :)

26 Mar - HPC, Den Haag, The Netherlands
01 Apr - Headway Festival / P60, Amstelveen, The Netherlands
07 Apr - Jazz College, Moscow, Russia
09 Apr - Bilingua Club, Moscow, Russia
27 May - Muzikantendag / Melkweg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
18 Aug - Expo Rock, Mexico City, Mexico

Next to these solo performances, I will be touring through South America, Mexico, Europe and Russia with Bumblefoot this year. Early next year (possibly late this year), we should be going to the UK and Scandinavia as well (some of this will be together with Freak Kitchen). Hope I'll be able to meet some of you there!

Details can be found on my site...

Don't mean to spam... just an update :)

Cheerio,

d.

Great photo :) Taken from Dennis' website.

clipboard7uu.jpg