Exceptional Bork moments

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
Just listening to some Borknagar recently, and there are just certain parts that are so exceptionally beautiful to me. I'm wondering what parts stand out to everyone else as exceptionally something (beautiful, brutal, intense, epic, etc.) I think the ending (2:49 to the end) of "Gods Of My World" is one of the most beautiful, sweeping, epic feeling parts in any song out there, rivaling "Sun I Call" by Solefald in my opinion. Also at 3:10-4:27 of "Future Reminiscene" is really great, I love the way at 4:05 the way Vintersorg and Lazare's vocals blend together and Lazare holds out his part, then at 4:27 the way the sound drops out then builds back into the blast beat! It's SO GREAT!

My favorite album is Empricism, so most of my favorite moments are from that.
Inherit The Earth- The bass and drum part starting at 3:23 (I love the drum sound throughout the whole album, but it really shines there)
Stellar Dome- 2:08 Vintersorg singing grim and clean, very epic! The strings accenting certain parts also help achieve epicness. 3:12 Bass and drums again but this time with a bit of acoustic guitar added.
Liberated- "Where is our place in this order of chaos?" That line is sung very epic. It's legendary.
That should do for now, I think I've fed Borknagar's ego enough for now.

Nice thread.
As I'm now listening to Quintessence I'd say 0:14-0:47 part is my favourite one form Icon Dreams, but the 1:14-1:40 part from Colossus is also gorgeous.
Master Nedland's play makes the songs unique, and so does the gitar play and the drums, but Borknagar wouldn't be as good as it is without Lazare.:worship: Quintessence, as well as the others, is a masterpiece. I love it! :worship: :worship: :worship:

3:28 on The Eye Of Oden till the end! I loved the drumming, guitar, vocals!

2:44 of Dauden till the end, classic!

karpsmom said:
I love the way at 4:05 the way Vintersorg and Lazare's vocals blend together and Lazare holds out his part, then at 4:27 the way the sound drops out then builds back into the blast beat!

I completely agree with that!

and also...

Ad Noctum, I specially love the keys and rythms from 00:42 to 1:11... it's always been among my fav (whole) songs...
'circled' also offers very special moments and I'd highlight 02:40 to 3:18, fantastic!

I had to all my borknagar cds to answer this question ehe.

* different from you evil dead, I prefeer the first 3minutes of the eye of oden

* the last 30seconds of "to mount and rove"

* the part from 3:00 to 3:45min of "oceans rise"

* the part from 2:00 to 3:00 of "ruins of the future"

* the last 1:30minutes from "traveller"

* the part from 3:00 to 3:30 from the geniune pulse

* different from you karpsmon, I only like the first 2:30 minutes of Gods of My World =P

I guess that's it.

The beginning of Ascension of our Fathers... great intro, and once all the instruments come in, and you hear that organ, the sound is just so full and brilliant.

The acoustic part at the end of Dawn of the End... that's already been mentioned.

2:50 onwards in Om Hundrede Aar Er Alting Glemt is pretty damn cool...

3:00 to 3:17 in Icon Dreams...

All of The Presence Is Ominous...

4:25 to 4:53 in Revolt...

The intro to Quintessence (on Epic)... still gives me the shivers sometimes...

3:17 all the way to the end of The Wonder...

3:46 to 4:10 in The Genuine Pulse...

The acoustic ending to Gods of My World... just incredible. Also in that song,
0:33 to 1:18... when he sings "Condone the cosmic hibernation" and the "hive of oceans", quite epic...

3:42 to 5:00 in Soulsphere... I remember the first time I heard that part with the choirs and guitar, I thought that for once the growling in a metal song fit PERFECTLY with the music behind it.
I also love the drumming on Empiricism, my favourite drum parts in a
Borknagar album...

Also as a last one, the acoustic part at the end of Ocean's Rise is quite beautiful...

All in all, I basically love every Borknagar song I've heard. Some more than others, but they're all great.

3:12 onward in Universal. That whole song just kills me, it's one of my favorite Borknagar songs, the way Simen just throws himself into his vocal melodies! Universal rivals Collosus IMO.

The Olden Domain....

The intro to "The Winterway"

Grimland Domain... 2:03 to 2:14.... and that keyboard melody repeats, fantastically epic.

Acoustic at the end of "Dawn of the End", so lush and atmospheric.

The Archaic Course

Ocean's Rise... 3:02-3:44

Universal- ALL OF IT!

Winter Millenium- Awesomely epic chorus.

Quintessence

Presence is Ominous- All of it

Ruins of the future- 2:27-2:50

Revolt- All of it

Empiricism

The Genuine Pulse 0:49-1:00 & 1:02-1:04

The Stellar Dome- Chorus is awesome

I havent listened to Epic in forever so I forget most of the songs.

Ved Steingard
Krigsstev
Dauden
Nord Nagauk
Winterway
A Tale of Pagan Tongue
The Eye of Oden
Ocean Rise
Nocturnal Vision
Winter Millenium
Witching Hour
Universal
Revolt
Collusus
Cyclus

i mainly listen to the old stuff, Debut to Archaic Course
these songs kills me! my back starts to freeze. Borknagar is soo friggin nice :D

the entire song Colossus

The guitar solo on Inherit the Earth and the "past, present, and future" vocal part that follows it.

The ending of Gods of My world

The vocal solo at the end of Origin

Inherit the earth I love the synthesized violin melody... fiiiiiiiii firifiiiii (In some parts he sings "Coequal Nexus Of Neureal Perception..."). And the hammond at the beginning as well.

The Genuine Pulse: "The Genuine Pulse, The link of a thousand senses, TGP, Entire celestial allegiance..."