The Inner Ocean Hypothesis

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
Does anybody else think this song off of Borknagar's "Epic" is utterly brilliant. I suppose it's just a coincidence that Mr. V wrote it :p. I've been obsessed with this song lately, I think it's just amazing, everything about it. The slow parts are just lush a beautiful, and the fast part has such great keys and an awesome melody. Everything about this song is just perfect. And I love the fact that it actually sounds like a Borknagar song even though Mr. V wrote it, rather than sounding like a Vintersorg song stuck onto a Bork album. A job very well done V! :worship: :headbang: :)

Sorry to disagree... :)
It is a very good song indeed - but nowhere near close "Sealed Chambers Of Electricity", "Traveller", "Relate (Dialouge)" or the best damn song on Epic - "Quintessence".

Doesn't matter which ones people like more than others, what really matters is that the whole album is excellent! Not a bad song throughout the entire record.

Depends on what you're into. The first album is very black metal, with Garm on vocals, and folk elements. The second album is still pretty black, but with more clean singing and more proggy riffs, still folk elements, and better production. The 3rd album was the first album without Garm, and first album with Simen. A lot of clean singing, and alot of prog elements, very upbeat album. 4th album still had Simen singing, he does alot more black vocals on this album, very proggy album. 5th first one with Mr. V, another step with their sound, now very epic style, with alot of prog elements mixed with strong folk parts and intense metal, very sweeping album, big production. 6th album, very solid release, my favorite one, similar to the 5th, but also very different in many ways, best way to see is to hear.

Ok, I'll do what I did with Vintersorg and work backwards until I hit something I don't like. With Vintersorg, I went till the end. :)

Braighs said:
Ok, I'll do what I did with Vintersorg and work backwards until I hit something I don't like. With Vintersorg, I went till the end. :)

Sounds like a good plan, in my opinion, every album is better than the one before it, so you'll be going down in quality (depending on your tastes).

Well... All the Epic album is great...

And surely Inner Ocean... keeps up with the excellence in the composition of the whole album... I usually decide which is my favorite song of the album, and in this case its Relate (Dialogue), probably because I fell in love with the chorus: "KEPLER COPERNICUUUUSS GALILEEEEEIII" and also "We brought this upon ourselves, the connection breeeaaaacchhh"...but I don't rank all the songs... But I know that Inner Ocean Hypothesis is an awesome song: From Staaaaardust construuuuctions.