Otyg

theodyssey

Best Album of the Year
Dec 13, 2002
Olympia, WA
Visit site
I was just wondering everyone's oppinion on this killer band (or was it just a project???). I love it personally, though i wanted to know if there are any translations of the lyrics (i am a damn american...). Finally, a question from Mr. V himself (if he reads this) I know the group is no more because you didn't feel the need to produce music that you didn't feel strongly about. I personally like the fact that you don't keep makeing records without any heart and soul put into it. That said, i love the albums, and was wondering if it is a style (pure folk metal... not just folk influenced) that you ever would revisit in some form or another, wether it be with otyg or a single song with vintersorg, or even another band. Do you see this happening? Finally, when is vintersorg going to play solo at wacken!???? Thanks.

Originally posted by Morgana
.and Mr. V was last year in Wacken...
oh, mr V was in Wacken this year, too...remember? :D But of course I know you didn't mean it that way, Morg.

@ theodyssey: there are a few translation threads on this board, you'll just have to dig a bit and I'm sure you'll find them.
And yes, it's a pity the band isn't anymore but maybe you're right, it's better to lay things to rest when there's not "heart and soul" in it anymore (like you put it)

thanks. Yeah, i cought borknagar at wacken, but i want to see songs like ESP mirage and the enigmatic spirit live at wacken (in other words, the Band "Vintersorg). by the way, thanks for all your help, and sorry that i brought up old topics. I am new to this particular board and i scanned some of the recent posts, but i didn't go in depth... but since they are there i will check them out! Thanks all. By the way, where in washington do you reside winter frost???

Right now I am going to college in Yakima, but I am originally from a real small town in the Moses Lake area :)

Don't think I have ever been too Olympia unless driving by it counts hehe

meh... it's boring. But that's probly because i have lived here all my 18 years (minus 3 or 4 somewhere in the middle....). Anyway, otyg kicks ass. And the cover of holy diver is becoming better than the original in my eyes because it is just so..... totally damn cool.

Originally posted by Morgana
...might search the board there are many Otyg threads, you will find the answers there...

stop saying that :p :p

Cover of Holy Diver getting better etc, he says. The cover of Holy Diver. I look to my right, and see the cover of Dio's Holy Diver, CD format. I then look to my left, and see the cover of the same record, only in good old LP format. I look to my right, and to my left again. I can not see any difference from the CD cover and the original.

I realize the Holy Diver cover one is talking about, is Otyg's cover on the song. Damn me, and damn me to hell.