Exceptional songs from bands you otherwise don't really like that much

Dream Theater - Lines In The Sand

Same here mate.

Aswell:
Wild Rover - Tyr - although its a cover, still not really a fave band of mine.

Heatseeker - ACDC - i used to love them when i was really young, but this is the only song i really like anymore.

Mean Machine - Motorhead - Same as with ACDC, ace of spades is a great tune aswell.

Dead Embryonic cells - Sepultura - Great riffing in this song, but not a fan of the band as a whole.

Readymade - Red Hot Chilli Peppers - love this song, although most of their stuff seems totally average to me.

Thats all i can think of right now, theres probably loads more. Good thread idea!

Pain of Salvation (Well, out of the four albums I own from them, I could only get into three songs): In The Flesh (I actually love this song!), Lilium Cruentus(Dues Nova) and Idioglassia.

Glass Hammer - South Side Of The Sky (Yes cover, which I think is better than the original. The lead female vocalist has an absolutely amazing voice.)

Devil's Slingshot - Nederland. Clinophobia is a watered down Planet X album and I could never appreciate the band musically beyond this track. It has Virgil Donati and Tony MacAlpine - the two musicians who have inspired me the most out of any others. What a kick to the balls this band/album was!:cry:

Shadow Gallery - Vow. The only thing that ever stood out to me on Room V was this song. Although, I have to say (Not being a big prog metal fan in general) these guys are pretty good.

Genesis - Watcher Of The Skies. When I say this is the only song from them I can stand - I mean it! I can barely be in the same room if this band is playing.

Isildur's Bane - Oppurtinistic Medicine. I only have Mind: Vol. 2 and it bores the shit out of me, except for this song.

Kaipa - End Of The Rope. I own all of their albums and wanted to like them (Still do, actually!), but the vocals are the worst that I have ever heard in any genre of music, ever. Maybe with the exception of The B52's. Great song from an otherwise unlistenable band.

Just thought of something.

Wintersun - Death and the Healing.

I wish i liked death metal.

Wintersun are death metal? Hahahaha, oh wow :lol:

Death Metal:

Wintersun:

I know I'm sounding like an asshole here, but try to avoid making "genre" based statements like that. For a start Wintersun are one of the most "un-genreable" bands out there. To claim you don't like them because you "don't like death metal" is hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ram Jam - Black Betty

There is not a single song on that record that comes close to BB....
Which is a shame, because Black Betty's one of the best rock songs ever.

And Swabs: I think he was just pointing out that Wintersun has elements of death metal, which is something he doesn't normally like. Lots of double bass, harsh vocals, etc..

Muse - Knights of Cydonia
I have to agree to 2nd post. I can't really stand this band, but when I heard this song on Guitar Hero III it surprised me. Good song. I think what turns me off of Muse is the vocals.

My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep
Mostly every song by this band is not my style. I found this song very soothing, even though every other song on the album isn't good.

Zao - Killing Cupid
Zao isn't usually my taste in music. Its very dirty (or grungy). This song actually has some rhythm and I can somewhat understand what the vocalist is saying.

Rush - Moving Pictures
I recently downloaded their entire discography because of my love for this album. Just today I deleted everything but this album. I know this isn't a song, but this album is the best from what I heard.

sonata arctica - don't say a word
i don't like so much their sound and vocals

alice in chains - again
grunge or w/e is called isn't rly my style at all but they have a few songs that i like

chimaira - nothing remains
too monotonic

dark tranquility - lost to apathy
to monotonic

deftones - passenger
not rly my style

HIM lol - soul on fire
i know i ll get flamed for this

Muse - Knights of Cydonia
I have to agree to 2nd post. I can't really stand this band, but when I heard this song on Guitar Hero III it surprised me. Good song. I think what turns me off of Muse is the vocals.

erm what? really?