older bands that sound like symphony x

icedsymphony

Jul 20, 2002
NY USA
Visit site
I know this might sound nuts, cause im not a musician so maybe im mistaken. Ive been listening to kansas the band lately, and not just there hits. to me some of there stuff sounds like symphony x in a way. Its kind of freakin me out. I know some of the members of x are into rush.hey if anyone has info on the bands infuences, post em for me thanx.

Yeah, I got the album "Masque" cause I read somewhere Romeo said it was an influence on V. A lot of the album is kinda "blah" (I read in the liner notes that at this time they were trying to please their record company with more "radio friendly" songs). But when I got to the very last song on the album I saw where Romeo got his influence from (the song is called The Pinnacle). Wow! Russell even resembles the singer at times....

I think in some songs Symphony X have also been influenced by Queen ... now i dont say they sound alike since the differences are obvious, but for example try to listen the choir at 2:25 of The Raging Season (self titled album)... it sounds like one of those Queen choirs a la Bohemian Rhapsody hehe ;)

thanks, yngvai x thts the song I was listening to the pinnacle, when I realized the simularities, especially to V. That clears it up, cause the only kansas songs i ever heard were there radio friendly hits, until recently. There prog in a way, very surprising.
hey where from the same local, I thought I was the only exer fan on L.I.