Bands you would be surpise that Symphony X likes.

Shit, Maiden at their worst is way better than powermetal ever was

Yeah I sort of agree...I don't have much kind to say about the vast majority of power metal. But come on, Maiden is basically the same shit minus the double bass drumming.

Holy shit, I just found out that the awesome Italian power metal band Labyrinth, who released probably my favorite power metal album of the 90's, "Return To Heaven Denied", are slated to release a sequel to that album later this year,

Let us hope that it doesn't go the way of Mindcrime 2. :err:

Mindcrime II :err:

I have to say though I put it back in sometime over the winter and somehow that night I found more merit in it... but yeah... what ever happened to Queensryche :err:

Yeah I sort of agree...I don't have much kind to say about the vast majority of power metal. But come on, Maiden is basically the same shit minus the double bass drumming.

Im actually not "huge" on Maiden, I do have to sift through songs but I think they are quite a bit different from european melodic power metal and I never recall getting that vib from Maiden chorus's that for what ever reason powermetal bands just "have to do". As well as the high speed chord pedals and bass drumming. I can dig a good Maiden gallop, I think theres a difference.

There's about 10 awesome power metal bands.

1. Rhapsody
2. Rhapsody
3. Rhapsody
4. Rhapsody
5. Rhapsody
6. Rhapsody
7. Rhapsody
8. Rhapsody
9. Rhapsody
10. RRRHHHHHHAAAAAAAAPPPPPSSSSSSSOOOOODDDDDDYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

HIT MY GOLDEN SHIELD MOTHER FUCKER!!!!! YEAHHH!!!

And who can forgot this "masterpiece."

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Rhapsody
and Frozen Tears of Angels kicks ass; mostly because its the only album by them I own lol

and I loved Chris Lee's Intro with the cheest crown in "Unholy Warcry", I think he sings great in Magic of the Wizards Dream......prefer it to Charlemagne

Reign Of Terror is the most Epic Rhapsody song EVER!!!!!!:worship:
That song almost made it worth buying the album alone:)