Expectations of The Glorious Burden?

Nuclear Vampire

Metal Machine
Apr 30, 2003
Winnipeg
What are your expectations of the next album? Will the production /sound be similar to other studio albums? Will it be heavier? Ultimately, it's whatever Jon decides, but what would you like to see?

I hope it's heavy as fuck. More thrashy like NOTS, but with more complex arrangements. Since he's doing it at Morrisound again, you can bet the production will be killer as usual, I just hope they don't do that "going back to a more raw sound" coz that ususally means it sounds like crap.

I am not too thrilled about the concept they are taking for the next album but I hope it includes some of those songs that become instant classics,like Dracula

The patriotic theme does seem a bit hard to relate to...then again at least it'll be a great history lesson. But still,it's much easier to relate to Spawn or Dracula than the Red Baron ;)
Hopefully Gettysburg will be good with all the orchestra stuff.

I have high expectations (as always). Jon wasn't happy with Century Media and wrote a few songs that he didn't include on any albums under that contract that he says were too good to give to them. I'm anxious to see how they turn out. I've been listening to Iced Earth since their debut so I'll definately buy it.

I'm thinking it might be a little too overdone lyrically and musically, but hey, Jon needs to get the patriotic stuff outta his system. I'd like to see more stripped-down, old-school stuff...the eeeeeevil of Offerings would be cool, but this album's probably gonna be a lot more "triumphant" sounding. Oh well, there's the SWTWC concept.

I just hope it isnt full of recycled riff's like Horror Show was.
pukeface.gif

I'm just hoping it'll be unique. But a combination of SWTWC, NOTS, and Burnt Offerings wouldn't be bad. It better be good, because this is now my 2nd most anticipated album of the year (right behind Enemies of Reality :headbang: ).

I actually really like the patriotic theme that Jon is compiling for the new album. Another thing that is pissing me off though is that all you foreign IE fans are not happy with this concept because you are not American (no offense)!!!!

And Justice for All.. was an album quite similar to what IE is doing here. That was all about war and honor and freedom, etc. I think it'll all depend on how the subject is approached.

FrostGiant said:
And Justice for All.. was an album quite similar to what IE is doing here. That was all about war and honor and freedom, etc. I think it'll all depend on how the subject is approached.

Didn't listen to your Justice too well did you? :) One,Shortest Straw or Dyer's Eve aren't highly patriotic songs :tickled: One is more or less about LOSS of freedom. Unlike Ghost Of Freedom by IE which was pretty nice...very good freedom theme there. Dooooon't treeeeeead oooon meeeee....

FrostGiant said:
Never said it was patriotic. But it is about freedom, just not in a hooray for freedom sense.
true,but judging by Jon's song titles Glorious Burden isn't gonna be too criticising (sp?) about war and all that,just more like a history lesson.