Experienced Re-ampers

Right, 006, but what I'm talking about is when you use the internet to send you DI tracks to a service to have them reamped and sent back to you, you're not going to be able to give that service the feedback effect, because the DI guitar track only records what is coming through your guitar pick-ups.
A true guitar DI track to be reamped doesn't involve an amp, the amp or amp sim is only there for reference, so while your reference track is going nuts with feedback, distortion, effects, whatever, your DI guitar track is pure strings-through-guitar pick-ups > that track only records palming, harmonics, etc, in which the person reamping these effects can duplicate, but can't duplicate feedback.

guitarguru777 -- If i gave you two tracks, the reference track that had distortion, effects, feedback on a wave file
and the direct in (straight from the guitar onto a wave file), the track to be reamped,
how would you reproduce the feedback, (ala stoner metal, Jimmy Hendrix, etc.)?

Um... the feedback gets recorded when the DI's are recorded. When you reamp that DI, the feedback is there. I've done it a 100 times - with both amps and ampsims+monitors. Works with guitar and bass.

Jeff exactly stated my opinion on the matter. If you can track through an amp then do it and use the reamp option if you need to. For a lot of stuff I can't imagine doing it any other way.

On another question. Yes, as 006 stated, if you record feedback on a DI you get feedback when you reamp. That said, the feedback you get varies wildly on the speakers, volume and proximity. I often setup a second head and cab in the control room and flip it on for those spots if I'm doing something a lot of sustained chords or certain leads. I love that stuff. Anyway, I digress, b/c the point is that the feedback survives reamping.

I turn a real amp on for parts that I need insane feedback for. The monitor thing works.

The biggest issue is that every player is different. Some players sound the same through everything, like Kyle Odell. Other players sound like shit through some amps and great through others, so what they track through makes a huge difference.

Jeff exactly stated my opinion on the matter. If you can track through an amp then do it and use the reamp option if you need to. For a lot of stuff I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Actually, something you previously said when this topic came up has really stuck with me for most of my reamping endeavors, and that's that I far more often regret a choice of pickups than a choice of amp settings, mic placement, etc.