Exploiting Dime´s death??!!!

johnnieCzech

Your favourite Czech
Feb 5, 2002
Prague
Am I tripping or is there really written that Dime´s death inspired Charlie to the reunion? You´d better not be exploiting your friend´s death to excuse your lame ass greedy move, he´s dead so he can´t tell you to fuck off, which I believe he would.

Now let´s go to the press release:

Heavy metal fans in the state of euphoria-oh you really think so. Anyway, why mention an album you said you didn´t like, all of a sudden?

Once again, Caught In A Mosh-why, once again? I was caught in a mosh last summer seeing you on two festivals and listening to TGOTE-oh wait, it wasn´t Anthrax we are talking about. The REAL Anthrax, for sure.

ANTHRAX RETURNS! Well Anthrax never went away in the first place. Or wait, the 1993-2004 just never happened. I was just dreaming, now I realize.

The return of the ORIGINAL lineup-well the original lineup was Neil Turbin and Danny Lilker, of course when we don´t count Gregg D´Angelo. So Joey lineup is NOT the original one-following this logic, we might as well call Bush lineup the original one, why not.

Paul Gargano wrote the press release? LMFAO. Well among hasbeens do as hasbeens do.

"Rob and John are still part of Anthrax family"-please stop fucking lying and making IDIOTS of your fans who they are not. Why didn´t they took part at the conference then.

"Had the tour in 1998 (with Joey) happened, the first day I´d be on my knees, praying the tour is over." (Scott Ian)

Johnnie, I think you hit it on the head. I heard rumblings about them wanting to do this reunion way before Dimebag was shot. Scott should have to wear a T-shirt with that quote about the earlier proposed tour on the front of it EVERY night of this sham.
And Gregadeth, quit tellin' people to quit bitchin' already, he has a right to say what he wants, as does anyone who has spent a single cent on this band over the years.

SaviourSelf said:
Johnnie, I think you hit it on the head. I heard rumblings about them wanting to do this reunion way before Dimebag was shot. Scott should have to wear a T-shirt with that quote about the earlier proposed tour on the front of it EVERY night of this sham.
And Gregadeth, quit tellin' people to quit bitchin' already, he has a right to say what he wants, as does anyone who has spent a single cent on this band over the years.

Thanks for the backup dude! I reread the statement to see if I misunderstood something and I have to stand for what I´ve written!
Also the rumors did appear long before it.

I think you missed the point Czech. Charlie was getting at the fact that I believe 99% of us wanted to see a Pantera reunion, but now thanks to some psycho douchebag that's not possible. Anthrax wanted to tour with this lineup before they were dead or using walkers so they put all their past bullshit behind them and are going to tour for 6 months. After that who knows. I hope they reunite with Bush so all the Belladonna people can start bitching about that. As long as someone's bitching, that's all that matters.

I think there is but a snowball chance in hell they could reunite with Bush after that, but just like you said-who knows.

johnnieCzech said:
Am I tripping or is there really written that Dime´s death inspired Charlie to the reunion? You´d better not be exploiting your friend´s death to excuse your lame ass greedy move, he´s dead so he can´t tell you to fuck off, which I believe he would.

You got a lot of balls speculating what DIME would say, and I honestly hope that Dime's death was an awakening to anyone that knew or respected the man. Life is short so do what you want now! It's a shame that Phil Anselmo was talking shit about DBD just days before his death. I think that the guys in ANTHRAX feel it is time to bury the hatchet, reaquaint themselves and enjoy what they once had with that line-up, Good for them! Who are we to say they are wrong? Why do half of the fans deserve an explanation or think that they're feeling should be considered when making this decision? These are the same "Fans" that will just talk shit and abandon the band anyway! Anthrax, they are human and they can live their lives the way they want to.

I personally think that Charlie´s statement isn´t too far-fetched as I remember reading of Dave Mustaine saying that after the killing of Darrell it would be time to end all of his feuds with the ex-members of Megadeth and Kerry King (Ok, the latter didn´t work out too well).

johnnieCzech said:

I've heard this was a motivation behind it from someone who used to be close to the band but is no longer a member of their inner circle.

And it sounds right. How do you think Charlie would feel if he got a phone call in the middle of the night telling him Joey died in a car crash? He'd feel like shit, because he never got to patch things up with him. Of course, patching things up does not necessarily mean touring with him, but it's one possibility.

Now if the band went on tour calling it the "Dimebag Memorial Tour," then that would be exploiting it.

All well and good, but what does it matter to "patch up things" with others if you stab someone else in the back? And let's be honest, John Bush, and to a lesser extent, Rob C. were fucked over by Scott and Charlie. Plain and simple. The pure fact that John has yet to make a statement about all of this is a pretty good indication of that. Everyone keeps saying John wants to spend time with his baby but I am sure he would like to make money to provide for his baby as well. If all were good between them he would be the first guy to give this tour his blessing, that just seems like the kind of guy he his.

I understand the 'realisation of mortality' thing, but what leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that they haven't made things really clear what's happening with Bush.

Scott/Wu said that no-one is leaving the band. The only way this can make sense is if the reunion is finite...Bush and Rob coming back when it's done. Having said that, Joey Vera's website makes it pretty clear that he's done with Anthrax, but he wasn't 'official' so I guess that doesn't count.

I think the pics of the reunited line-up speak fucking volumes. NO-ONE wants to be there. Would I do the same if I were in their shoes, given the declining record sales? I probably would to be honest, but that doesn't make it right.

By the way, has anyone got a transcription of the press conference?

R.
x

johnnieCzech said:
Kerry King would just be a plain asshole to anyone because it´s his "evil" image.

Dude thats pretty fucked up, i've met Kerry more then several times and hes one of the fuckin' nicest guys around, why the fuck do you have to fuckin' bag on him for no reason. everyone needs to fuckin' chill out, this board is officially a damn Cival War.