What do you think happens after the reunion tour?

johnnieCzech

Your favourite Czech
Feb 5, 2002
Prague
Some ppl here have stated that this reunion tour which is bound to happen (and I believe 100%) is only a summer thing, so that John Bush can spend time either with his newborn kid or with Armored Saint, and then they will get together again.
But I have the feeling this idea is just not possible. First of all, there can be only ONE Anthrax, not two versions of it. ("OK, so here is our nostalgic, sellout, Ozzfest Anthrax, but next year there´s gonna be an album of the REAL Anthrax") that would be bullshit don´t you think. That would be "music of mass confusion". So called Judas Priest Syndrome "well this is the REAL Anthrax and 93-2004 just didn´t exist" sounds more probable to me.
Also, we´ve heard stories how new album is in works. Well, we´d heard of it from Judas Priest on their Demolition Tour as well.
As I have observed, I made a cathastrophic prediction a few years ago, which is in here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39178

and part of it is just starting to happen. So, I wonder what´s next. If I could bet, I´d say the next album will be recorded by ATL lineup and it will be eightees all the way. Scott Ian will say that they have finally done what their fans always wanted.
But still I pray I´m wrong.
And a special note for Dutchy, this is not whining, just a discussion.

Either way, old school fans would be happy, but new schoolers would be pissed. To tell you the truth, i wish this new school - old school fued did'nt exist. Just like John Bush told the crowd on WOMD "how many people dont give a flying fuck about school around here". thats the way it should be, but its not. I will continue to be a fan regardless of any turmoil. A lot of people on this board have said they will be done with anthrax if they do this summer tour. Not me, im here till the end. i like anthrax too much just to throw it all away. (not that the thought even crossed my mind in the first place. )

I think they will start touring less whichever lineup. They are all married, getting married, have significant others, starting to have kids. I have an idea that unlike Kiss, they won't continue on for a seriously long time.

Anthrax_Mosher said:
Either way, old school fans would be happy, but new schoolers would be pissed. To tell you the truth, i wish this new school - old school fued did'nt exist. Just like John Bush told the crowd on WOMD "how many people dont give a flying fuck about school around here". thats the way it should be, but its not. I will continue to be a fan regardless of any turmoil. A lot of people on this board have said they will be done with anthrax if they do this summer tour. Not me, im here till the end. i like anthrax too much just to throw it all away. (not that the thought even crossed my mind in the first place. )

Yeah, OK. But my question was not how the fans would feel, when there´s a reunion (not IF)-coz we´d discussed that in other threads. I wonder what´s gonna happen next.

tattooedsean666 said:
I think they will start touring less whichever lineup. They are all married, getting married, have significant others, starting to have kids. I have an idea that unlike Kiss, they won't continue on for a seriously long time.

I think Anthrax members are more of an exception to have just one child (as far as I know) in their 40s. Most metal bands members are married and have kids.

What i'm saying is that regardless of line-up, why can't fans be happy? Cause it's not fair the treatmet Joey belladonna gets from the people on this board. C'mon anthrax is a great band and fans should accept them for what they do, they bust their asses for 24 years, with little to no radio airplay, hardly any video play, even nowadays. they do this for us and it sucks to see how many fans would just give up on anthrax so quickly if they did this tour. they work hard for 24 years hoping for something good, and they get NOTHING. radio stations would rather play complete garbarge like three days grace and nickelback. while mtv and mtv 2 will overplay tired ass bands like u2. i think its time to show some respect for the greatest fuckin band of all time, ANTHRAX !

interesting,just remember guys this is anthrax the survivors i think we are all privlidged just to have our favourite band still kicking after all these years,what other band has done what anthrax has done in heavy metal and can still tour the world to there hardcore faithful fans,even with a change of singer...

i am too pissed to think of all those 80's thrash bands but please name them people,ones that can still tour the world and aren't resting on there laurels when it comes to making new music!

tattooedsean666 said:

not being a smartass but what do u consider along time,anthrax has been going for over 20 years,and i think they have another 10 years in them,if they hang there gear up today u couldnt be pissed off at them.

johnnieCzech said:
Some ppl here have stated that this reunion tour which is bound to happen (and I believe 100%) is only a summer thing, so that John Bush can spend time either with his newborn kid or with Armored Saint, and then they will get together again.
But I have the feeling this idea is just not possible. First of all, there can be only ONE Anthrax, not two versions of it. ("OK, so here is our nostalgic, sellout, Ozzfest Anthrax, but next year there´s gonna be an album of the REAL Anthrax") that would be bullshit don´t you think. That would be "music of mass confusion". So called Judas Priest Syndrome "well this is the REAL Anthrax and 93-2004 just didn´t exist" sounds more probable to me.
Also, we´ve heard stories how new album is in works. Well, we´d heard of it from Judas Priest on their Demolition Tour as well.
As I have observed, I made a cathastrophic prediction a few years ago, which is in here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39178

and part of it is just starting to happen. So, I wonder what´s next. If I could bet, I´d say the next album will be recorded by ATL lineup and it will be eightees all the way. Scott Ian will say that they have finally done what their fans always wanted.
But still I pray I´m wrong.
And a special note for Dutchy, this is not whining, just a discussion.

I just wish Anthrax would do the South America shows and then start work on studio album #10. Record it close to where Bush lives!

And yet theres still nothing on the site about the dynamo and ozzfest shows, are Anthrax trying to not make a big deal out of the old lineup reunion if its really happening???

I don't give a hell what they do... people yelling "sellout" and talking about stabbing John in the back is quite rediculous considering all we've really heard is rumors and don't know the story

Arg_Hamster said:
Not with Joey they won´t... listened to the old Thrax records with Joe Bloe last night and fuck me... he croaked on half of the screams.

and they won't make it in 2010 with Bush, Trax is nothing in the USA!! I'm, sorry to say but it's "sad but true"