what happens to bush now?

I'd prefer an album with Belladonna on vocals, but I enjoy the albums with John at the helm as well. A mix of ATL and WCFYA would be awesome!

We will just have to wait and see. It did seem like Charlie was eludeing to something. And this was not the first time. Honestly, I just want to hear a new record - if it has to be Joey, that's cool with me, but I don't want it to be the last we hear from John either. I'm sure the great Scott and Charlie will think of something. Maybe they will surprise all of us and get a whole new singer completely! They could pull an Exodus and just get one of the road crew guys to sing. It worked for Exodus!

I'm honestly much more concerned with the guitar player situation - I am likeing Spitz less and less as the months roll by.

Thrillho said:
I'm honestly much more concerned with the guitar player situation - I am likeing Spitz less and less as the months roll by.
That's funny, 'cause as time goes by the more I like that he's back. It sounds cliche, but I think it's cool that we can hold completley opposing opinions and still be fans of the same band.:kickass:

Joey would sound aful and Bush tracks, and I never really liked Bush singing his tracks. They are too completely different singers, with distinct styles. Its alomst like two different bands.

With both singers at the mic they could be like Linkin park but without the burden of comercial success.

whitey131 said:
With both singers at the mic they could be like Linkin park but without the burden of comercial success.

or the blessing of such awesome songs (dude):Smug:

:p

Ragman_kd said:
Aparently Joey is singing 'ONLY' during some of the soundchecks so expect to hear that live at some point.
If he's doing this, surely they are trying some other stuff aswell.
Did you hear this with your own ears? Im not doubting you, Im just interested.

I'm glad they got the old singer back...the "Bush" era was bad...Bush's songs were...OK, not bad, yet not good...But he didn't belong in Anthrax, he couldn't sing speed metal worth a damn, and that's what Anthrax was formed for....SPEED metal...go listen to Madhouse or Indians...It's pretty damn good, then listen to somethin like Fueled...his singing just doesn't cut it for Anthrax. Bush was OK...but he should've stayed in saints or whatever it was...I'm glad they're gettin Joey back...now maybe I'll actually buy some Anthrax music since he's back...

SnickieX said:
I'm glad they got the old singer back...the "Bush" era was bad...Bush's songs were...OK, not bad, yet not good...But he didn't belong in Anthrax, he couldn't sing speed metal worth a damn, and that's what Anthrax was formed for....SPEED metal...go listen to Madhouse or Indians...It's pretty damn good, then listen to somethin like Fueled...his singing just doesn't cut it for Anthrax. Bush was OK...but he should've stayed in saints or whatever it was...I'm glad they're gettin Joey back...now maybe I'll actually buy some Anthrax music since he's back...

Yeah, speed metal. You're clearly a musical and especially a metal idiot. "Indians" and "Madhouse" are speed metal?

It is apparent that you have never really heard anything close to speed metal. Anthrax are one of the greatest bands of all time. Both eras, Bush and Belladonna, have some of the greatest music ever performed. Armored Saint kicks copious amounts of ass. Yet you've never heard of them. I'm going to venture a guess that you have never heard any speed metal either. I'm betting it's too heavy for you.

Slayer
Exodus
Nuclear Assault
Overkill
Death Angel

and others are speed metal.

I invite you over to the Megadeth forums so you can really spread your useless knowledge about music and metal in general. The Anthrax forums, as good as they are, don't get anywhere near the traffic that the Megadeth forums get. There is always a kick ass debate about pretty much every type of music there.

Seeing as you're a noob here and clearly a music noob in general, you shouldn't mind coming over for a dose.

John Bush was good if not great for Anthrax in a time when they needed him. I am a consumate Anthrax fan and I listen to the Bush era stuff every frigging day.