Exporting tracks from ProTools to another program for Mastering

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Ok, this is my actual workflow when I have to master a cd.
I export all my mixes (songs) in another PT session, every song in order, eventually in different tracks, and I do it all my fades, addictional fx,etc... and I do it also my master processing.
After that I export every track, from start to finish (where it should be the switch between the songs), and I import them on WaveBurner.
In WaveBurner I import all the songs only for master them on cd so no fades and no addictional processing. The problem is that my master processing in PT adds lot of delay and my exported tracks have 3600 samples of silence in the begin and it's a little annoying because I have to position the tracks another time.
Probably I have a wrong aproach to this...does it work better if I do all fades and addictional fx directly in WaveBurner?
So, protools users, what do you do when you master an album?

I master the mixes exactly as I want them to sound on the CD in Pro Tools, and then import them into CD Architect to make the tracklisting/crossfades/CD text/etc. The final master is printed from CD Architect.

Yes but the problem with Pro Tools M-Powered/LE is that the mastering plugins in the master bus introduce delay and when you bounce the single mastered tracks there is the delay in the begin so all my fades are fucked up.

Yes but the problem with Pro Tools M-Powered/LE is that the mastering plugins in the master bus introduce delay and when you bounce the single mastered tracks there is the delay in the begin so all my fades are fucked up.

do the fades elsewhere.

print the track in pro tools. Leave half a second at the beginning and end of the waveform, then export the track after its been processed. A dither plugin on the 2-buss won't have any latency so there's no need to print a dithered version - just bounce as normal for mp3s.

I'll sometimes put really short fades on either end of the printed waveform and then consolidate the waveform before I export.