Exposing Others to Metal

I took my girlfriend to see Vader, Kataklysm, Destruction, Speed Kill Hate, Graveworm, and The Absence. She liked it.

My best friend is into metal, I kind of got him into it. Funny because without him I would never have gotten into metal to begin with.

He told me about the band Tool, and I listened to them and loved them. I soon explored them alot and asked about them on a metal board where I was told to get the fuck out, and was told the names of some metal bands.

I heard Metallica, Megadeth, etc all the genre basics, and then explored the genre further. I then pushed everything my friends way and here we both are.

As for other people I know who are into metal, I have a friend at school who likes some death metal, black metal, and a few other bands some underground ones as well. The majority of what she likes is mallcore stuff though. He favorite band, however, is Suffocation.

Intolerance said:
Well I would like to get a friend into metal - I know he likes classic rock and classical music.

Not sure what I should let him listen to though.

Any suggestions?
Interesting. That's where I was at one point myself. Guns N' Roses was a bridge band for me... not metal but defintely hard rock. Then came Metallica, the Black Album and that's what got me into it. After that Slayer.

Intolerance said:
Well I would like to get a friend into metal - I know he likes classic rock and classical music.

Not sure what I should let him listen to though.

Any suggestions?

The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Hammers of Misfortune

Guthrum said:
The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Hammers of Misfortune
Aye, and Manilla Road, Blind Guardian, Reverend Bizarre, Iced Earth, October 31, etc.