Exposing Others to Metal

The idea of "converting" someone to your taste in music is incredibly obnoxious on a purely social level, not to mention the obvious Christian connotations!

there is a preppy faggot who hates metal and i don't mind if you hate metal but don't go around and when you hear it say "that's horrible...stop listening to that kill yourself music...gangsta rap is the way to go." and this kid is a stereotypical ignorant preppy tool. i hate those people that can't be converted to metal.

Well my mom and dad listen to led zeppelin, bob dylan Neil Young The Beatles and other 60s music

my sister listens to Nirvana and other grunge bands

and my brother listens to Pantera and Black Label society and alot of other bands accept Death metal and he is the one who got me into metal by buying me Metallica Master of Puppets and showed me how good Pantera is

Spectacular Views said:
The idea of "converting" someone to your taste in music is incredibly obnoxious on a purely social level, not to mention the obvious Christian connotations!

Maybe but at least it's worth a shot. Most of the people that claim to hate metal only judge it by the stereotypes and most of the time haven't even really heard it so it's a good thing to actually let them listen to metal in small douses and possibly turn them into a metalhead.

I hate when a parent talks to you about music they like that you really just do not like. I don't blast music really loud and start convos with family members about music I like trying to get them to like it or tell them facts about band members like they care.

My dad has the thing for bootleg concerts and I can't stand bootleg concerts. I don't even like listening to live recordings so why would I care.

FUCK

I swear i'm never going to try convincing someone something is good when they just don't get it. It really is fucking annoying. like what you like and fuck off

fuck music!

fuck music history and fuck bands

Do you have a parents that does this ?

I feel like i'm being lectured about someone elses music world I don't like. I'd rather stare at a rock then listen to one word.

You turn the TV on witnessing music you don't like and then you have to deal with a family member too. I can't wait to get my own place so I can fucking think in privacy.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
Maybe but at least it's worth a shot. Most of the people that claim to hate metal only judge it by the stereotypes and most of the time haven't even really heard it so it's a good thing to actually let them listen to metal in small douses and possibly turn them into a metalhead.

IRONY