Exposing Others to Metal

I go to a private Catholic High School (uniforms and all). Metalheads are a minority at my school, which means we stick out like a sore thumb. I'll be listening to my CD player in the morning when some of my unfortunately metal-deprived pupils approach me and ask me what I am listening to. I say 'Iron Maiden' or 'Judas Priest' or something and tell them that it's metal when they stare back at me blankly (which only tells me that these people have never experienced the sheer bliss when Dickenson hits a high note)...Then they tell me something along the lines of: "I hate metal. Screaming gives me a headache. How can you take all that screaming?"................................Fiends we are a dying breed, slowly being replaced by ignorant sheep...

I think our breed is growing, down under there is a lot of metal going on an di continue to meet more and more metal heads each week ay my uni at work etc. Im actually surprised with how many people do dig metal

I don't know anyone in person who likes metal, and everyone (mostly my family) who has heard the music I like is too ignorant and quick to judge to ever understand it. They are the kind of people that think that music can be inherently evil, so I don't even bother arguing with them because it's just a waste of time.

I don't really have any friends that like metal. I have a few that are into the older stuff like Judas Priest, Maiden and Sabbath but nothing like the underground hardcore metal. I've tried to introduce them to it now and then but they just think its crap. Atleast they aren't listening to rap and hip hop.

I only have one friend who listens to extreme metal and that is Zephyrus from this board. The few other metalheads at my school only go as far as thrash, and mainly stay with the 80s classic stuff and new crap like Avenged Sevenfold, two areas I dislike.

Well I would like to get a friend into metal - I know he likes classic rock and classical music.

Not sure what I should let him listen to though.

Any suggestions?