Extreme Yet Beautiful, Ambient, and Awe-Inspiring

nissan

Sep 3, 2005
I'm mainly pointing to death metal albums of such. A couple of good examples would be Phlebotomized - Immense Intense Suspense and Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris. I guess the key words here are extreme and beautiful.

I'd really appreciate some recommendations and or some discussion, more so the recommendations. :heh:

And I know that there's already a recommendation thread, but this is really important to me. If you can't find a place for me in your heart, then shun me out and I will spend the remainder of my days crying :cry: . I love you...

Vuvr - Pilgrimage

Exactly what you are looking for. Death Metal/Jazz Fusion, really uplifting and awesome sounding.

Love History - Anasazi may fit as well.

Carbonized - Disharmonization is really weird but I get a really positive vibe from it.

Vuvr - Pilgrimage

Exactly what you are looking for. Death Metal/Jazz Fusion, really uplifting and awesome sounding.

Love History - Anasazi may fit as well.

Carbonized - Disharmonization is really weird but I get a really positive vibe from it.

Thanks a lot. I managed to get my hands on the Vuvr and Love History and they're both pretty nice so far :saint:

Fuck yes, this album is grandiose, to say the least. But as for recommendations, I'd go with some early Nocturnus and Darkside.
Yeah, that album is probably my favourite metal album of all time. I knew about Noctornus, but I'll check Darkside... Thanks

How about

Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse + any albums
In Flames - Subterranean
Dan Swano - Moontower

also Gorguts have some cool piano interludes stuff, I have only heard "Erosion of Sanity" but it seems to fit that description, and Nile has some cool Egyptian interludes and instrumentals...

edit: I have heard that Paradise Lost started as death metal, can anyone tell me if their early stuff is any good, death metal-wise

Reactions: nissan
I am not into Death Metal very much (partly because most DM lacks the features you are asking for in this thread) and don't know the albums you mentioned.

But i suggest that you check the following:

Disembowelment: Transcendence into the Peripheral
Morbid Angel: Altars of Madness (too obvious? not ambient? dunno. Its beautifull.)
Gorguts: Obscura
Amorphis: The Karelian Isthmus

Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil (excellent creepy/paranoid feel and awesome solos)
Anata - The Infernal Depths Of Hatred (sublime use of emotional melody)

hvis-lyset-tar-oss.jpg

929.jpg

cover2540_19490.jpg

cover2035_17710.jpg

at%20the%20gates%20red.jpg

Reactions: Slayed Necros
I made a thread similar to this awhile ago looking for emotional death metal, which is quite similar to what your asking for here. Unfortunately the search function doesn't seem to be working too well for me.

Nonetheless here are some albums that may have what your looking for:

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
At The Gates - Gardens of Grief; The Red in the Sky is Ours
Negura Bunget - Om
Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
Disaffected - Vast
Depresy - A Grand Magnificance; Sighting
Ethereal Blue - Black Heart Process
Molested - Blod Draum
Wayd - Decadence
Omnium Gatherum - Spirits and August Light
Alcest - Le Secret
Dawn - 1st album (too lazy to type the title)
Forest Silence - Philosophy of Winter
Geasa - Angel's Cry

Not in any particular order and it's a mix of black and death metal (with one Gothenburg album in there I think).

I'm mainly pointing to death metal albums of such. A couple of good examples would be Phlebotomized - Immense Intense Suspense and Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris. I guess the key words here are extreme and beautiful.

I'd really appreciate some recommendations and or some discussion, more so the recommendations. :heh:

And I know that there's already a recommendation thread, but this is really important to me. If you can't find a place for me in your heart, then shun me out and I will spend the remainder of my days crying :cry: . I love you...

I checked out Lykathea Aflame Once, and hated them. Didn't buy any of their stuff. That was quite some time ago, though. Possibly I'll give a second chance. This probably belongs in the rec thread, but where should I start in their discog?

How about

Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse + any albums
In Flames - Subterranean
Dan Swano - Moontower

also Gorguts have some cool piano interludes stuff, I have only heard "Erosion of Sanity" but it seems to fit that description, and Nile has some cool Egyptian interludes and instrumentals...

edit: I have heard that Paradise Lost started as death metal, can anyone tell me if their early stuff is any good, death metal-wise
Thanks. I've never heard the Dan Swano, I'll check :)

I am not into Death Metal very much (partly because most DM lacks the features you are asking for in this thread) and don't know the albums you mentioned.

But i suggest that you check the following:

Disembowelment: Transcendence into the Peripheral
Morbid Angel: Altars of Madness (too obvious? not ambient? dunno. Its beautifull.)
Gorguts: Obscura
Amorphis: The Karelian Isthmus
I have the Gorguts, but non of the others. Thanks for the recommendation... I'll check :)

Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil (excellent creepy/paranoid feel and awesome solos)
I have Forever Advancing Legions by Mithras and the newest Anata already, and they're not exactly what I'm looking for right now. But I'll check the two you just recommended, thanks :)

It's not strictly death metal but definitely fits the requirements:

Argentum - Ad Interitum Funebrarum
Thanks

Thanks

I made a thread similar to this awhile ago looking for emotional death metal, which is quite similar to what your asking for here. Unfortunately the search function doesn't seem to be working too well for me.

Nonetheless here are some albums that may have what your looking for:

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
At The Gates - Gardens of Grief; The Red in the Sky is Ours
Negura Bunget - Om
Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
Disaffected - Vast
Depresy - A Grand Magnificance; Sighting
Ethereal Blue - Black Heart Process
Molested - Blod Draum
Wayd - Decadence
Omnium Gatherum - Spirits and August Light
Alcest - Le Secret
Dawn - 1st album (too lazy to type the title)
Forest Silence - Philosophy of Winter
Geasa - Angel's Cry

Not in any particular order and it's a mix of black and death metal (with one Gothenburg album in there I think).

That's a lot. Thanks :)

Guys, don't forget Stargazer- The Scream That Tore the Sky

Excellent recommendation. I already had it though, and I was listening to it the other day and I realized this is a good example of what I was looking for in that thread. Good stuff :)

Not pure deathmetal, but slow doomdeath with mostly death metal vocals:

Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus

It's heavy, melodic, depressing as hell, and beautiful. My favorite CD.

Thanks, I'll check it out
I checked out Lykathea Aflame Once, and hated them. Didn't buy any of their stuff. That was quite some time ago, though. Possibly I'll give a second chance. This probably belongs in the rec thread, but where should I start in their discog?
Elvenefris is their only album. Although they used to be called Appalling Spawn, and they have one album under that name. Elvenefris is better that Freedom, Hope, and Fury.

I like the feeling and emotion in Lykathea Aflame's music, and it's really rare for the genre.
It is rare, yet so nice.

Anata is one of the best death metal bands I've ever heard. The Conductor's Departure is great.