Extreme Yet Beautiful, Ambient, and Awe-Inspiring

I just checked out that Argentum album and after one listen through its pretty sweet. However, at first I couldn't stand the sound of the rhythm guitars, they sound so flat and really lack an interesting texture. I still don't like the sound of them, but I am able to look past that now and see that the album as a whole is pretty damn good.

I just checked out that Argentum album and after one listen through its pretty sweet. However, at first I couldn't stand the sound of the rhythm guitars, they sound so flat and really lack an interesting texture. I still don't like the sound of them, but I am able to look past that now and see that the album as a whole is pretty damn good.

My first thoughts were also similar to this, but it only lasted about two songs and then I fell in love. I feel the somewhat, flat, lifeless rhythm guitars give the album an ancient, tomb-like atmosphere. The leads, though, are absolutely phenomenal. Chebb is a brilliant guitarist and he knows exactly how to play evocative, spine-tingling leads without them ever becoming pretentious or pointless. Overall, Ad Interitum Funebrarum is probably the best blind purchase I've made.