Extremely Heavy Metal

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
I'm looking for the Heaviest metal around. And just to be clear when I say heavy I don't mean most hardcore, fastest bass drums, or just somewhat heavy and fast. I mean the music with the most groundshaking speaking destroying deep and heavy as hell sound. Speed means nothing, although I'd prefer if they had some slow parts where you can really feel the heaviness but not be just slow. Vocals can be clean or rough, as long as they're deep. Preferably vocals along the lines of Type O Negative if clean, Behemoth and Bloodbath if rough.

An example of the kind of music I'm looking for is the Japanese band MUCC. Since most of you probably haven't heard them here's a link to one of their performances.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJcRMQyZAAw
Although the youtube video doesn't really do their music justice it's the best I could find.

They're not all that fast and their vocals aren't that hardcore, but their music is so far the only music that really gives my car speakers trouble in some parts.

An example of the kind of music I'm looking for is the Japanese band MUCC. Since most of you probably haven't heard them here's a link to one of their performances.
Although the youtube video doesn't really do their music justice it's the best I could find.

They're not all that fast and their vocals aren't that hardcore, but their music is so far the only music that really gives my car speakers trouble in some parts.

Wow, a japanese Rammstein.

Doesn't really strike me as that heavy really, in my opinion Candlemass' "A Sorcerer's Pledge" and Bruce Dickinson's "King in Crimson" are two of the heaviest fucking songs ever made. Prepare for sixteen ton maulings on your brain.

Otherwise you could try Nortt, Dismember or Thergothon but that doesn't really sound like what you're looking for

Hell Awaits Us All: I've heard lots of those bands and they're more hardcore than heavy in my opinion. They are heavy, but not exceptionally heavy, just really extreme vocals and speed to make it feel heavier.

Hell Mike: Wasn't really what I was looking for.

Mort Divine: I can't really find much of those bands, but what I've heard was perfect, exactly what I was looking for.

Immolation - Close To A World Below
Winter - Into Darkness
Dystopia - Human=Garbage
Melvins - Bullhead
Gorguts - First 3
Cathedral - First 2 (Jaded Entity is unbelievably fucking heavy, as is the entire first album)

I'm looking for the Heaviest metal around. And just to be clear when I say heavy I don't mean most hardcore, fastest bass drums, or just somewhat heavy and fast. I mean the music with the most groundshaking speaking destroying deep and heavy as hell sound. Speed means nothing, although I'd prefer if they had some slow parts where you can really feel the heaviness but not be just slow. Vocals can be clean or rough, as long as they're deep. Preferably vocals along the lines of Type O Negative if clean, Behemoth and Bloodbath if rough.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like Beck doing a cover of a Korn song in japanese.

Try some
Slow Heavyness :

Morgion
Esoteric

Techy Death :

Deeds of Flesh
Psycroptic

Of course the correct answer is inside this

51qnvsD-xHL._SS400_.jpg