Eye of the Enemy - The Vengeance Paradox (new album, 2014)

For the snare I used the two samples provided by Troy. One sounded like it was the raw SD2.0 Avatar snare that the kit was programmed with, and the other sounded like a Slate of some type. I blended in two of my own samples for a bit more woodyness and mid crack, and that was it. As always, the DBX160 made it pop in that mid-forward way. What really 'made' the snare sound for me was a Nashville room sample I tried on right near the end. It had the perfect amount of low-end and depth, and about 80% of the snare verb you hear on the album is that room sample.

ah...ok.thank you very much!
The snare reminds me a little bit of Sonic Syndicate's album "love and others desasters"...it has also this fat and low sound...I like it a lot ^^

true...Oz is a death trap for great Metal bands, so much talent in Melbourne....same goes for Orpheus, just dont tell the singer :)

Nah, they're shit :p

Just watched the EOTE sampler above. Really good stuff overall, only worried that a lot of it is still balls to the wall without any relief so to speak. But a concept album + lyrical themes/ ideas.... I'm sold! Love that shit haha. Looking forward to many sittings with this :D

Well, usually a good sign when someone else beats me with posting the teaser. I'm glad the band have been generous with the clips. There's enough there to hear that this is one of the best albums this part of the world has ever produced. No bullshit, just straight up anger and riffing. Consider it an honor to have been involved on this one.

It's really interesting to hear that some of the material sounds like it could have been written in conjunction with the first album, as it has a very similar theme musically. Being so well executed however, it doesn't bother me that it does sound "samey" in parts. They sound like they've put 100% into it, and the concept behind the album almost makes an appology for any repetition in the music as the music is so well suited.

These guys really know how to groove! I can't stop listening to the teaser today.
No matter how simple, technical or heavy hitting their sections get they nail it with a groove that brings it all together.