Untruth - Sons of the Vanquished video (Ermz, AEL89, Plec)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Thought some of you guys might be interested in this! I posted the audio-only version some months ago, but the band knocked out the video clip just last night.

Credits list:

Drum Tracking: Troy Mccosker @ Pony Music
All other tracking: Ermin H
Mixing: Ermin H
Rhythm Guitar Reamping: Alex Loring
Lead Guitar Reamping: JeffTD
Mastering: Thomas 'Plec' Johansson

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds really good but those vocals sound amazing. Which reverb do you use on the high and low screams? :|

Terribly boring but great mix. Loving the kick/snr relationship and the bass tone. The verb on the box is definitely awesome. Only thing I didn't like was the lead tone. Congrats on getting more of your excellent work out there via different formats.

Great band great mix :D definitely don't think they are boring, and Robz is a great vocalist/ performer!
The only thing I dislike is the snare. It's too ROCK sounding to me, as in big fat sound where I personally would preferred to hear a more snappy snara Ala the E.P. Otherwise amazing as always :)

did they record with that bass? because imho it doesn't sound if it was played with fingers and
especially not like it was recorded with a fretless to me :D

I have to agree, I really like the mix but I feel like the songwriting doesn't do it justice. Nothing wrong with the band, I just get the feeling that they should get someone to produce them who'd bring out their talent. Right now, it's rather bland.

I loved The Absence of Beacons, the dudes were even nice enough to send me a free copy when I emailed them. Can't wait to check this out when I get out of work.

To be honest I don't think this is nowhere near as boring as most so-called "hardcore" bands nowadays. Nothing revolutionary but still, I really dig it. Sadly there are a few glitches in the video, namely at 1:17 but I think I heard one more at some point. (Of course I don't mean the glitchy part haha.)

Thanks for listening!

@P-E: It was most likely Lex Vintage Plate and Lex Room, possibly with some Random Hall for some really long stuff.

@wutzington: I agree. For some reason the person that edited the video together lowered the music level a lot. The audio master is much louder than that. It's a pretty big waste of headroom, and of course the intro is too loud, comparatively.

@StefTD: Nope, definitely not a fretless, but yes it was most certainly played with fingers!

@Songwriting: I personally prefer the songs on the EP to this one, from a writing POV. I had nothing to do with the production of this track at all, beyond specifying some vocal layers. We're getting kick started on the next EP soon, which should be a more comprehensive process.