Last record I mixed.. (James Murphy, Jeff Dunne, Plec involvement)

Their cd just arrived in the mail yesterday and I have just gave it the first listen all the way through. I dig it a lot. Their influences are obviously all the bands I like.

The lead guitar playing and tone are indeed really cool. Cd is not all that long, which actually benefits the material. A thrash record should not be longer than 35-40 minutes or its impact is greatly diminished.

Overall very legit sounding songs/playing/production. Stands up well against all of the bands heroes. Original material? Not really, but its thrash and you can't do thrash properly and put too much new poop in there.

On the down side Australia is too far from civilization. The shipping and handling is too damn high. So hop to it Australians and move your country several thousand miles east or west.

Agreed, the shipping can be awkward since so few bands organize distribution internationally here. They really have to get onto the idea of digital distribution and just sell via iTunes or whatnot.

Anyway I'm real glad you're digging the CD. I quite enjoyed the briefness of it myself. The way I always think of it is: with the speed thrash is being played at, a 30 minute album still has an equivalent amount of notes to a regular 60 minute one, so you're not really being short changed.