EZdrummer (drums from hell) presets?!

Doom Monk

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2004
Solitude, United Arab Emirates
greetings Sneapheads,

i was wondering if any EZdrummer users here can help me out with good presets for my drums from hell sampler...i cant get a decent mix fooling around with the mixer...either the kick is too damp or the hats are too meshy...so anyone can help out with the this....in the meantime im also searching for good smaples through the FTP KAZROG setup (thanks alot for that bro...couldnt thank u anywhere else :) )

cheers

Most of the people are forming the sound outside of EZD in their DAW. That's probably the reason why noone answers.

Try to route them on sperate channels and use your VSTs to make it sound good. Work with EQ and compressor, reduce room for making the changes more effective and the sound more direct.

My english is not good enough to give you more details. But I'm sure someone else will do.

I use the standard samples, and use the multi-output function.

as the above poster said, I use external EQ and compression if required.

It's weird that you say that you don't have a lot of control over the sound ... I haven't found that at all!!

greetings Sneapheads,

i was wondering if any EZdrummer users here can help me out with good presets for my drums from hell sampler...i cant get a decent mix fooling around with the mixer...either the kick is too damp or the hats are too meshy...so anyone can help out with the this....in the meantime im also searching for good smaples through the FTP KAZROG setup (thanks alot for that bro...couldnt thank u anywhere else :) )

cheers

The DFH engine doesn't really have the tools for mixing inside the box. Apart from just moving the levels up and down. YOu need to Multi-out and start adding compression, EQ etc. I found that Saturators/ Tube emulation helped a lot, especially on the Kick.

I do the same. multi out and then replace the kick and snare. still messing around with tom and cymbal replacement for now I am happy with ezdrummer working in this manner.

thanks alot for the tips guys....just tried to multi-out the drums....and i used a kick and a snare sample from the FTP...im kinda happy with the sound of the cymbals and toms....anyways im using a seperate EQ and a compressor for each set of multi-outs (i split them into , kick, snare, toms, cymbals) and so far with just a little experimenting im already producing decent results.

cheers agains guys....and dave, your english is pretty good and makes perfect sense ;)