EZPiano?

Radd

Self Portrait
Jul 19, 2005
NJ
www.soundclick.com
I'd like to incorporate some piano in my music but I don't play and don't know how I should go about it.
I really like the idea of dragging pre-made midi patterns into ones daw and then altering them from there with no external hardware keyboard needed.
I don't think this product exists though.

How could I do this? What's the easiest way?

I wonder if I could get samples off the net, load them in Battery and have Battery play those samples using EZDrummers midi files.?

I tried soundfonts but couldn't get them to load in the player in DP.
Worked in Garageband but couldn't get it to read EZDrummers midi files.
Should it? Maybe I had it set up wrong?

Open to any & all suggestions.

Dude, I don´t know if I understood it right, but you want to use ezdrummer midi loops to play piano? This is insane, you will have the kick, snare and HH notes being hit over and over again. If you have absolutely no idea of how to compose on the piano, get an arpegiattor and do what people from emusic do: hold any note on the piano and watch the arpegiattor go whacky.
And if you don´t want a MIDI controller you can use your own computer keyboard with Ableton Live.

He is looking for a piano equivalent to Ezdrummer. What DAW you running?

The simplest thing to do would be get VST of a piano. Then work out the notes in the chord you want to play on guitar then just pencil them in, accenting how you like. From there making arpeggios etc, or whatever is desired.

Thanks for the replies.

Actually I shouldn't have used EZdrummer as an example but I had this EZ piano idea stuck in my head and went with it and I'm tired.
What I should have mentioned is a midi file that I've created with EWSO and use that to trigger piano samples so I can have piano playing the EWSO
midi file. Something better than Apples audio engine or whatever it is. (midi channel 10 in tracks output)
I'm looking at EW Bosendorfer 290 right now. It seems pretty good.
I guess it could play the EWSO midi?
I was hoping to find a method that didn't require spending more cash and using up more cpu.

Just found this today (it may have been mentioned in a previous thread)

Maestro Concert Grand
http://lesitedeburnie.free.fr/matshelgesson-maestro-en.html

Its a bit of a big file, but its free and doesn't sound too bad for a Grand Piano.

As far as popping in the notes, you can use Powertab, Guitar Pro etc..and just export the midi into your DAW. Then just adjust the velocities, move around the hits for a more human feel.

Maestro Concert Grand

Its a bit of a big file, but its free and doesn't sound too bad for a Grand Piano.

As far as popping in the notes, you can use Powertab, Guitar Pro etc..and just export the midi into your DAW. Then just adjust the velocities, move around the hits for a more human feel.

Cool. I'll check this out. Thanks.

NI's Akoustik Piano is pretty good sounding to my ears, but I don't use a whole ton of piano stuff. It's got 4 different pianos and various convolution reverbs for different rooms and environments built in.

NI's Akoustik Piano is pretty good sounding to my ears, but I don't use a whole ton of piano stuff. It's got 4 different pianos and various convolution reverbs for different rooms and environments built in.

Yeah, I looked into that a bit. Perhaps more than I would need.
It's in the back of my mind though as a possibility.

Maestro Concert Grand

Crap. It's an .exe file.