FACE RIFF

bryan.batiste

Recording Junkie
May 27, 2009
NJ
www.thesebranches.com
totally fuckin random/pointless but i came across this in new DEP blog:

FACE RIFF, which, if you don't know, is when a crushing riff comes on in a song and you air guitar it as close to someone's face as possible until they stop laughing and become extremely annoyed, and then you just keep going past that point until it really sucks for them.

I victimize somebody daily with this so i want to see who else rocks the face riff. :kickass::kickass:

The twiddly finger shit really started annoying me when i was playing with my last band.. What happened to headbanging and throwing up the horns?

-Paul

Please note that the above post was not meant to offend or degrade anyone who does impliment "the face riff"

-Paul

The Face Riff sounds fucking cool. I may have to adopt this practice. Is it customary to make a frowning face during the act, similar to the look one would inadvertently give while disgusted by a horrid smell? This seems like it would complete the annoyance factor for the victim.

I can't say I've done the Face Riff, but whenever I hear the outro riff to Pantera's "I'm Broken" I have a tendency to interrupt anyone who happens to be talking and say "oh god damn" while turning up the stereo, making the above mentioned face and shaking my head in disbelief of the amount of heavy pouring forth from the speakers.

My initial thought was a continuation to the Facepalm.

The Faceriff, is when an awesome riff is followed by an unnecessary half-tempo breakdown riff :puke: Double Faceriff when it happens just when the song should launch into full speed after a build-up :puke: :puke: