Fakebook..

Done. I'll email FB via my own account to complain.

But first...

Dan, make your own FB account so we can demonstrate who the "real" you is, and so we can all friend you. =)

Even if it's just bare bones and contains just a pic of Dag in his undies making out with Lord K, it will force any impostors to classify themselves as fan pages, rather than actually pretend to be you.

I hate fagbook. People try and have these friends contests...oh look at me how many friends I have im special. When really they only talk to about 15% of the people on there. Great for musicians, and great for people that are attention whores like the bastard trying to steal Mr Swano's identity.

When you know lots of people on Facebook (or Myspace) who have friends-contests or whatever, the origin of that behaviour is with the persons, not with Facebook. It´s just a transfer of patterns that people have anyways and some just like to show off or prove their status with such things.

However, that refers to "normal" people; those who are for example musicians in bands surely have a bigger friendslist simply because they are in contact with so many people; and probably the same might be true for other "famous" persons in different fields of activity. Not everyone who has a bazillion friends has that because he/she needs to bolster their status.

You can use Facebook in a good way, too and it does help with keeping track on what is happening to favourite bands or other places / things you like, great tool for communication and I like that I can get a newsfeed of topics that interest me, because I can select the topics I`m interested in (again, just like Myspace), quite contrary to regular news-pages, both, real life/world and music pages, where you get all_news without regard for what you want to know. For example I`m not interested about the tax-problems of [insert random country] or music/life in general-news on Ozzy Osbourne, yet when I go to BBC or any music news page, that is exactly what I get to see, too, and I have to scan the pages for those topics I want to see the news of.

Pretty much anything can be used in a good or bad way.
Pages like Facebook and Myspace have helped plenty of musicians and bands to get heard and noticed and offered a way to present their music. Also I really like it to get band-updates from there practically in real-time.

Dan: Hälsning kommer från "Frukostögat Spelme" (Anders sade att du skulle förstå :p).[/QUOTE]

Ha, ha...Jag såg Frukostögat Spelme i förrådet här om dagen. Jag hämtade några minst sagt bizarra foton på mig till nästa Close-Up...Innehåller morötter och livboj :) Vändplanen Urf hälsar tillbaka :) Papput Rules!!!

Dan Swanö;9616278 said:
Ha, ha...Jag såg Frukostögat Spelme i förrådet här om dagen. Jag hämtade några minst sagt bizarra foton på mig till nästa Close-Up...Innehåller morötter och livboj :) Vändplanen Urf hälsar tillbaka :) Papput Rules!!!

Heheh. Låter intressant. Måste nog kolla in nästa Close-Up då. Jag hälsar tillbaka till Anders med dina ord när jag kommer till kontoret imorgon. :)

I don't speak the great Swedish language. Does Dan want one or some of us to make his official facebook page, no matter how skeletal? I don't have time to moderate it but I would not mind help setting it up so something like this doesn't happen again.

We are his fans, but we're also his friends. And we're his forum lurkers, meaning we're his internet-type fans. It's not out of our way to do something like this for him. I'm sure everyone here agrees. =) I mean, forum board posters have to be good for something, right? He'll know our real identities this way anyway, so if anyone does anything dodgy, Dag will sort them out!

I don't speak the great Swedish language. Does Dan want one or some of us to make his official facebook page, no matter how skeletal? I don't have time to moderate it but I would not mind help setting it up so something like this doesn't happen again.

We are his fans, but we're also his friends. And we're his forum lurkers, meaning we're his internet-type fans. It's not out of our way to do something like this for him. I'm sure everyone here agrees. =) I mean, forum board posters have to be good for something, right? He'll know our real identities this way anyway, so if anyone does anything dodgy, Dag will sort them out!

Totally agree with Naglfar!

I proudly help to make if Dan wants the official facebook page :)

Setting up the page is not the main problem, though it also takes some time, since it'd better be pretty and complete than just a name and pic - it should be something that does Dan's work and history justice, something with just a pic and a link is not gonna look any much better; the constant caretaking is what requires time and dedication.
Also things need to be done in communication with the caretakers of the NG-Myspace and such, and this forum [Edit:*] and of course Dan (or if it´s a page for Nightingale or EOS, also in taking more bandpeople into account).
* clarification:.. the forum-moderators I meant. The idea is to coordinate new announcements, so that they don't pop up at random times on each of the pages, but at the same time, or to integrate the forum as a newsfeed on FB etc.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the idea, and a Facebook-Page for Dan would be great; just I do think that then it better be done right and extensively. A too basic Facebook-Page is not gonna look any official (even if properly linked to this place and announced, so people can check that it´s legal) and missing the opportunities that could be used with Facebook and its communication systems.

Setting up the page is not the main problem, though it also takes some time, since it'd better be pretty and complete than just a name and pic - it should be something that does Dan's work and history justice, something with just a pic and a link is not gonna look any much better; the constant caretaking is what requires time and dedication.
Also things need to be done in communication with the caretakers of the NG-Myspace and such, and this forum [Edit:*] and of course Dan (or if it´s a page for Nightingale or EOS, also in taking more bandpeople into account).
* clarification:.. the forum-moderators I meant. The idea is to coordinate new announcements, so that they don't pop up at random times on each of the pages, but at the same time, or to integrate the forum as a newsfeed on FB etc.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the idea, and a Facebook-Page for Dan would be great; just I do think that then it better be done right and extensively. A too basic Facebook-Page is not gonna look any official (even if properly linked to this place and announced, so people can check that it´s legal) and missing the opportunities that could be used with Facebook and its communication systems.

100% agreed. I only referred to the "skeletal" page as a placeholder until people Dan trusts, and fans he's known for a while, at least informally, who would gladly provide such service for free if they have the time, can then help upkeep the page.

I would volunteer myself but I am both busy and behind on work. I can help with starting it out, but as you said, it takes a dedicated crew. No doubt there are people like Vic who probably can get the muscle to do it.

Fake pages will keep popping up, as Dan's music is more popular than he has profited from it. =)

I agree with fireangel and the statement

The idea is to coordinate new announcements, so that they don't pop up at random times on each of the pages, but at the same time, or to integrate the forum as a newsfeed on FB etc.

...and some of the other posts here have communicated the advantages of Facebook and social media in general. With that being said I've started my own company, Skrow! Media Promotions that offers marketing campaigns, packages and the like. I've been putting the final pieces in place to finally launch the website last week and am now accepting clients. Creating and managing a Facebook page such as in this situation is one thing that we offer. My point isn't to make a shameless plug :D But rather to agree with the importance of social media today. There are some great things happening out there and it is an exciting time for bands in that respect.

Whenever Dan and/or Nightingale is ready to create a Facebook page I have no problem helping out, especially since that is something we specialize in.

I also will add that I also reported the fake profile.

Yes I agree that it has to look real professional, I think that all that we are here have different abilities or professions that they could be used to create the page. So we can team up (whoever wants and has the time to) to make a real good page and spread the Nightingale/Dan/Dag word to more people.

So as myself I'm a graphic designer. I can work making all the nice looking things for the pages, movies, editing videos, pics.

I'm not an expert in web so there must be someone that has more experience than me on this.

So if we are making the official page, blog, facebook etc. Count me in!

100% agreed. I only referred to the "skeletal" page as a placeholder until people Dan trusts, and fans he's known for a while, at least informally, who would gladly provide such service for free if they have the time, can then help upkeep the page.

I would volunteer myself but I am both busy and behind on work. I can help with starting it out, but as you said, it takes a dedicated crew. No doubt there are people like Vic who probably can get the muscle to do it.

Fake pages will keep popping up, as Dan's music is more popular than he has profited from it. =)

Thanks for your reply :)

...and some of the other posts here have communicated the advantages of Facebook and social media in general.

That other post was also by me :D

With that being said I've started my own company, Skrow! Media Promotions that offers marketing campaigns, packages and the like. I've been putting the final pieces in place to finally launch the website last week and am now accepting clients. Creating and managing a Facebook page such as in this situation is one thing that we offer. My point isn't to make a shameless plug :D But rather to agree with the importance of social media today. There are some great things happening out there and it is an exciting time for bands in that respect.

Whenever Dan and/or Nightingale is ready to create a Facebook page I have no problem helping out, especially since that is something we specialize in.

You have been taking care of the NG-Myspace since August now, could you please tell what are your results concerning this work?
Why are there allowed all those spam-comments and announcements by random unknown people of their_bands? :confused:
Has Nightingale's presence in the US improved, since you are from the US and have that radio-network within your connections, as your homepage says? Can you tell something else regarding your work for NG? I know that Dan was interviewed by you and was a host for the radio show, but then that is journalistic work, just like you interview other people, or do I misunderstand?

Yes I agree that it has to look real professional, I think that all that we are here have different abilities or professions that they could be used to create the page. So we can team up (whoever wants and has the time to) to make a real good page and spread the Nightingale/Dan/Dag word to more people.

So as myself I'm a graphic designer. I can work making all the nice looking things for the pages, movies, editing videos, pics.

I'm not an expert in web so there must be someone that has more experience than me on this.

So if we are making the official page, blog, facebook etc. Count me in!

Very cool that there are so many offers for help! :) I only also hope that everyone who likes to help with such major pieces (aside from the people who clearly say that they volunteer for the set-up but won't have enough time for long-time work) is aware that it's important to stay on such a team for a longer while in order to have something stable. Many times have been attempts for Dan's pages or hosting Dan's pages (like that download page for him where he gave us all the demos, hosted by that The End Records-label) and things fell apart for time- or financial reasons (or maybe because TER underestimated the demand for the downloads) so it should not be invested all that work and then after five months things start crumbling. That would be really sad.

Fortunately at least the Facebook (and also Myspace) do not cost money as a page, so that worry is currently not there.

Actually what would be nice right now is to hear what Dan thinks and wishes to happen :loco: :dopey:

in regards to fireangel's reply...I actually have be running Nightingale's site with respect of the band since it was created. They had an official website at the time also but the caretaker and creator of the site had gone MIA to my knowledge and the band wished it be their official website for the time being. I just gave it a makeover to go along with the new profile layout. I also recently gave it another makeover.

The new profile layout offers additional account settings that allow for better control over things like spam.

I think Nightingale has had a strong presence in the US here for a long time and that was further understood and certainly improved over recent years.

I've been in contact with Dan and Dag since 2003 and they have done things for my radio show. They also both have guest-hosted my show that is correct. Certainly broadcasting has relations with journalism. I'm not sure I understand the rest of your question. Sorry about that. I do a number of different things that overlap with each other. I host a progressive rock radio show. Skrow! Media Promotions is a radio, promotions and marketing company which doesn't have anything to do with my radio show in fact. It just so happens I host a radio show too. With Skrow! Media Promotions I put together radio and/or promotions and/or marketing campaigns. There is a lot of things we do but for the sake of explaining things right now what I would do is mail out albums to radio stations and do follow-up work on tracking and status and work on getting it charted among other things. I mentioned helping if so desired on a Facebook page because that is something that my company offers, social media marketing and management. I have many times told Nightingale that they are welcome to permanently be on my client list because I feel it is my duty to spread the word of the great music of Nightingale.
Is that what you were asking? Sorry for the misunderstanding if I am wrong.

I enjoy wearing many hats so-to-speak. And because of that I can find a lot I can do for Nightingale, Dan and Dag. I am an enthusiastic fan and friend just like many of the people on here are!

in regards to fireangel's reply...I actually have be running Nightingale's site with respect of the band since it was created. They had an official website at the time also but the caretaker and creator of the site had gone MIA to my knowledge and the band wished it be their official website for the time being. I just gave it a makeover to go along with the new profile layout. I also recently gave it another makeover.

ok, I did not know that, I thought you started it then when it was announced recently and before were other people running the site.

The new profile layout offers additional account settings that allow for better control over things like spam.
:D
if you just have the settings of comments needing to be approved, only "serious" comments actually for/about the band would pass. That is not anything about the new profile I think. Still the old spam (I consider posts like a big poster and a video of another band, or "look at my band".. etc as spam because they are not intended for NG) can just be deleted, it does not require any fancy new account settings for that ;)

I think Nightingale has had a strong presence in the US here for a long time and that was further understood and certainly improved over recent years.

I've been in contact with Dan and Dag since 2003 and they have done things for my radio show. They also both have guest-hosted my show that is correct. Certainly broadcasting has relations with journalism. I'm not sure I understand the rest of your question. Sorry about that.
What I mean was that since I thought you started out doing the NG-Myspace some months ago, what are the achievements or improvements since then that you had with this work; and that the journalism-side of your work and the interviews that were done for your radio show are very good, just that they are not results from the work on the Myspace, so I asked what happened specificially from the Myspace-work :)

All that inquiring of course happens because you put an offer up as saying that you look for clients and thus get a fee for your work, and that you do have the experience for the social media-stuff; and as you already take care of one of NG's pages, I was curious what you have done for them ;)

I do a number of different things that overlap with each other. I host a progressive rock radio show. Skrow! Media Promotions is a radio, promotions and marketing company which doesn't have anything to do with my radio show in fact. It just so happens I host a radio show too. With Skrow! Media Promotions I put together radio and/or promotions and/or marketing campaigns. There is a lot of things we do but for the sake of explaining things right now what I would do is mail out albums to radio stations and do follow-up work on tracking and status and work on getting it charted among other things. I mentioned helping if so desired on a Facebook page because that is something that my company offers, social media marketing and management. I have many times told Nightingale that they are welcome to permanently be on my client list because I feel it is my duty to spread the word of the great music of Nightingale.
Is that what you were asking? Sorry for the misunderstanding if I am wrong.

Yes, it was also that :) Thank you :)

Howdy!

Cool that this thread got some action. However. I have chosen to stay off Facebook. So please don't make any page for me. If you need to get a hold of me, you know where to find me. The real me!! :)

See ya

D