Falconer? How was performance ?

They were amazing, I was worried that they might not sound that great because they dont play live often but I thought that they were on point, played so many of my favorite songs of theirs and such a treat to get to see them live, it was a real joy.

It was also great to meet them, they were are really nice guys and fun to talk to.

PS does anyone have a video of the Acoustic Portals of Light, I would love to see it if so

A million times better than Falun.

I'm glad my expectations were so low. They're my all-time favorite band and they were so unbelievably disappointing in Sweden last month that I'm glad my final memory of seeing them live wasn't totally horrible. And the crowd was GREAT. There were some tears being shed stage left :)

EDIT: It will be overhyped in years to come. It was a good performance, but nothing stellar. The significance of the set was way more important than the set itself.

It looked quite awkward to me, but when they explained that they've never been a "live band" I was okay with it. I really don't care for their stuff on disc, but I ended up staying for the whole set. That guy has a really good voice.

They played a fantastic set, but they all seemed awkward on stage. They did, however, seem genuinely touched by the crowd's reaction. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and to be honest I wasn't expecting to...

Like others have said, they sounded great but you can really tell they aren't used to being in front of a crowd. It was even worse at Wacken. They had a deer in headlights look for most of the set there. They did loosen up a bit towards the end though. I don't think they were expecting the large crowd they got.

I do think Blad was pretty nervous at first, but he loosened up a bit. That being said, I wasn't expecting a "show", I was expecting that the material would be well performed, and they lived up to that. I was very happy with everything.

I will also echo the general sentiment. I never really got into these guys, mostly because of the vocals. I thought it was going to be "3 songs and out" for me and my crew, but we stayed all the way to the end. They played great, had decent sound, just not exciting to watch. It was really cool that the main floor crowd was so into it.

All things aside (mostly what was described above) it was still a dream come true for me to see them on Center Stage and also IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME THANK YOU GLENN!!

I have seen the videos from past live performances, and they looked similar. It was fun to see Matthias smile as he realized just how much the crowd was loving it. I was just there to soak in his vocals, which were performed flawlessly, and see Stefan play those riffs I've loved for years, which he also played flawlessly. The acoustic portion was a huge highlight for me too, as I was not expected "Portals of Light" to be played at all (and it is such a beautifully tragic song that I love dearly).

It was unbelievable... but I think you definitively had to be close to appreciate it... they may not be the typical showman flyng around the stage and that sort of thing, but their vibe and prescence more than made up for it... and Mathias vocals just blew me away. My friend had never heard them and left a fan... also the setlist was great, i loved that they played the songs from amrod even if I can't understand a single word they are great songs... The guys were also superfriendly and seemed really humbled and surprised by the reaction they got... I'm so glad I was there to witness this live!! As many have already said.. Thanks Glenn!

A million times better than Falun.

I'm glad my expectations were so low. They're my all-time favorite band and they were so unbelievably disappointing in Sweden last month that I'm glad my final memory of seeing them live wasn't totally horrible. And the crowd was GREAT. There were some tears being shed stage left :)

EDIT: It will be overhyped in years to come. It was a good performance, but nothing stellar. The significance of the set was way more important than the set itself.

Why dissapointed?

It looked quite awkward to me, but when they explained that they've never been a "live band" I was okay with it. I really don't care for their stuff on disc, but I ended up staying for the whole set. That guy has a really good voice.

Exactly this. They held my interest for most of the set. I didn't expect to be there by midnight, I made it to the end

I thought the set sounded great. I think the awkwardness on-stage may be because they've played so few live shows spread out over so many year... they've not really had the opportunity to establish stage personae.

Jimmy Hedlund does like to bounce around, though. :)

They were extremely warm and friendly to everyone, if a bit reserved.