Fall 2012 North American tour

... And no NYC date... What the hell... :bah: I suppose Philly will have to do... On a happier note, I placed my vacation weeks just right! :D I don't have to move them at all to make the trip! Though now I'm wondering if it's even worth making such a big deal of it... Maybe I should just stay a few days and come back home to loaf for the rest of my vacation...?

... And no NYC date... What the hell... :bah: I suppose Philly will have to do... On a happier note, I placed my vacation weeks just right! :D I don't have to move them at all to make the trip! Though now I'm wondering if it's even worth making such a big deal of it... Maybe I should just stay a few days and come back home to loaf for the rest of my vacation...?

They are playing NYC on 9/15 at the Beacon.

Don't know why ETV doesn't have them up.

^Maybe, although that seems like a bit much, to do 4 shows back-to-back with no off-time. And I looked on the band's site; I don't see a date for NYC there either.

Oh, and everyone is invited to come in to our weekly chat tonight and discuss the tour; it starts in just a little more than an hour from now!

Won't be able to make it. Going to see Garbage tonight.

We're around every Friday night, so maybe some other time. :D Have fun at the gig!!!

Edit: Looks like tickets for San Diego, New Orleans, and Kansas City will go onsale through Ticketmaster on May 5th. The prices range from $39.50-$65, but no word on if there are VIPs. Not much information on the site right now, but then again, the shows were just announced, so I'll keep checking back. They sold VIPs on the last tour, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't again.

For those of you who like to save a buck, as I do, here is the link:
http://www.livenation.com/Nightwish-tickets/artist/874704?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

They are playing NYC on 9/15 at the Beacon.

Don't know why ETV doesn't have them up.

Great, after I bought the ticket for Philadelphia... :bah: ... I knew I should have waited... But I need the VIP to get in so I can see... But then again, I could get a ticket for both shows if I ride straight to Philly from NYC and just toss my crap in a very crappy hotel for a few hours for the show and then catch the red-eye bus home. :lol: I might be able to make a trip of it after all... But even the Nightwish website doesn't list a NYC date that I can see... Where did you see that they're playing there?

Never mind, I found it... On Kamelot's website... What the hell kind of world is it when the support band is more reliable then the headliner? :bah:

Great, after I bought the ticket for Philadelphia... :bah: ... I knew I should have waited... But I need the VIP to get in so I can see... But then again, I could get a ticket for both shows if I ride straight to Philly from NYC and just toss my crap in a very crappy hotel for a few hours for the show and then catch the red-eye bus home. :lol: I might be able to make a trip of it after all... But even the Nightwish website doesn't list a NYC date that I can see... Where did you see that they're playing there?

Never mind, I found it... On Kamelot's website... What the hell kind of world is it when the support band is more reliable then the headliner? :bah:

Tickets go on sale May 5th via ticketmaster.

^ Yes, I thought ignoring NYC was ridiculous too. But I have to have a VIP for one of the shows at least so I can get in early enough to stand up front where I can see, so I pounced on the Philly show. :p Now that I think about it though, seeing both shows would be awesome! :D So I think that's what I'll do, maybe I'll jsut get a normal ticket for NYC, if I'm stuck in the back I'll just get up high and take photos where there are fewer mean bouncer guys to swipe my camera. :p The Philly venue doesn't allow cameras, so I likely won't get many there anyway... I'll bring my camera anyway, in case they're not as tough about it as their website claims they are. :p

Now that I have things figured, I'm actually very excited about going to both shows. :D It will work out great! :lol: And a 6.5 hour ride home overnight from Philly will be nicer than an 8 hour ride home from NYC during the day. :p That way I'll be able to come home and go for a walk in the country air after spending a few days in the smog. :lol: Only two hours from NYC to Philly, so I could even leave early on the day of the concert and still make great time. :D I could arrive at my crappy hotel, wrap my luggage in a big plastic bag just in case. (I don't trust cheap hotels at all :yuk: ) Go out and grab a bite to eat, have a toilet break see the show, take a cab to the crappy hotel, grab my stuff and catch the bus home. And the best part is since I'll be alone instead of paying for three people, it will cost about the same as last years trip to NYC anyway! :D

The reason that ETV did not have a NYC date is because of Madison Square Garden's exclusive deal with TicketBastard. What does that have to do with anything? Cablevision owns the Garden, Radio City Music Hall AND the Beacon Theater. The deal covers all three venues. Hence why those tix are being sold later.

Yeah. I'm going to be hovering over my laptop all day May 5th if I can. :lol: Not missing that show.