False Metal: The Financial and Farcical Return of Heavy Metal

Europa Ascendent said:
Alternately, it could just mean you're the pompous, full-of-shit cocksucker that everyone accuses you of being.
Well, that is about the perfect ending. I'll even refrain from mentioning anything about glass houses and stones. My patience only extends so far, Mr. MacLaurie, and being accused of everything from being a juvenile simpleton to a narrow-minded reactionary piles up--then what some may consider a pompous demeanor comes to the fore.

You popping up and calling me a parasite when you are a remora latching onto the belly of Mr. Bastard is not the best way to renew old acquaintences--is it now? Did you expect me to welcome you into the fray with open arms? You may very well realize the errors of your way some day, Mr. MacLaurie, you are a sharp tool, I will conceded that much to you, but this opportunistic piling on of other's arguments to forward your own is standard operating procedure and a bit parasitical in its own right.

Anyway, I have to spend much more time figurtively walking the streets of New York City in the 1910s instead of sitting in a library in front of a computer and throwing around boxes and furniture in near 100 degree heat, so I'll be out of the loop for a few days.

Happy Trails.

One other thing...

Some Bastard said:
Good luck with your article. I can't promise I'll read it since I think you've already made up your mind and you have no room for an alternate viewpoint. Which is OK I guess.
Thank you, Mr. Bastard. This is where I'm at now and there is always a possibility of some change but it will be based on the current ground I'm standing on. And despite the heated tenor of the debate at times, as I said before, I will take everything you said here into consideration and it will doubtlessly have an effect--maybe just not the one you intended. :lol: :kickass: <----this is the closest thing to a cheers emoticon, I guess :)

DBB said:
My patience only extends so far, Mr. MacLaurie, and being accused of everything from being a juvenile simpleton to a narrow-minded reactionary piles up--then what some may consider a pompous demeanor comes to the fore.

If you don't want to be accused of being reactionary simpleton, perhaps you ought not peddle simplistic conspiracy theories and an analytical framework straight out of 1983?

You popping up and calling me a parasite when you are a remora latching onto the belly of Mr. Bastard is not the best way to renew old acquaintences--is it now?

So let me get this straight, agreeing that you are wrong but disagreeing with the Bastard as to the reason makes me a 'remora'? And you wonder why people think you're a paranoid ass?

Allow me to have a go at this

***eerie music***

THE YEAR IS 2006: DARK FORCES ARE GATHERING ONCE AGAIN TO HAVE ANOTHER GO AT OUR BELOVED HEAVY METAL GENRE. AND THIS TIME THEY WILL BE USING THAT MOST DREADED AND SINISTER OF WEAPONS:

***drum rol***

MARKETING!!!! :ill:
g_corporate.gif

“I think it was true it was people like you
That crucified Christ”

Black Sabbath "After Forever"

No, you don't have to thank me. Always glad to help :lol: