Nicknames and aliases in Heavy Metal

yeah but what is after-thrash?

I think that people use post to mean almost... stripped down poppish versions?

See why I hate the term?

Post usually means taking the methods and practices of a type of music, and turning them on their heads, so the end result clearly is connected to the 'pre' genre, but does very different things with much the same means.

At least when post-punk occured, that's sorta what went on. And post-rock similarly is rock music that doesn't rock out at all blah blah

I'm not sure if it applies to Heavy Metal anywhere.

It certainly applies to 'post-black metal', a genre noted for taking the vocal techniques tremolo picking of black metal and turning it into rock 'n roll.

Well, most of the bands involved try to package themselves as 'avant-garde' rather than 'post black metal' (how gauche!), but bands like Arcturus, Fleurety and Solefald are what everyone has in mind when the phrase 'post black metal' comes up.

Hm I don't know. from the 'avant garde' black metal stuff, only Arcturus are mostly 70's hard rock and progressive rock. A lot of the others are just odd mixings of other genres like industrial, jazz, ambient and electronica. Fleurety on 'Department' play zero rock and roll. Ved Buens Ende, a band that has very little to do with rock also is considered 'avant garde'.

I think you're just making shit up so you can hate it uniformly. I do realize there's a lot of former black metal bands like Manes making switches into decidedly non-black metal territories, but you're putting an ideological spin on it by saying these territories are 'rock and roll' (which we hate 'cause it came from the darkie jews, right?) when it's just as well any other genre of music there is, really.

The fact that these bands draw on diverse aesthetic elements (including black metal) to dress up that functions in exactly the same way that rock does , doesn't change the fact that it is rock, not black metal, industrial, jazz or 'avant-garde' music.

The fact that these bands draw on diverse aesthetic elements (including black metal) to dress up that functions in exactly the same way that rock does

I will kindly ask you that before you dictate facts to me, you first format your sentences in such a way that they make sense. Thank you.

If you mean:

"The fact [is] that these bands draw on diverse aesthetic elements (including black metal) to dress up that [they] function in exactly the same way [as] rock [bands] do"

to this I answer:

You're just making shit up so you can hate it uniformly.

You're putting an ideological spin on it by saying these territories are 'rock and roll'.

Which we hate 'cause it came from the darkie jews, right?

Next time leave 'facts' aside and until you can answer questions straight, carry along a dialogue, that sort of thing, instead of circularly using A to justify A as 'fact'. If this is just you again making your ideological point clear regardless of reality (the propaganda issue at the end of the documentary thread) then this will be my last post in reply to you.