Famous Musicians You've Met

Psychonaut

God Of Emptiness
Nov 29, 2002
Second left after Wal-Mart
Visit site
Just curious to see who's met who... I'll start the list.

Glenn Danzig
Nick Barker (Dimmu Borgir, Lock Up. ex-Cradle Of Filth)
Dani Filth
Stuart Anstis (Cradle of Filth, Aphelion)
All of Morbid Angel
Abbath (Immortal)
Sarah Jezebel Deva (Cradle of Filth, Mortiis, Mystic Circle...)
All of Nile
Peter Lindgren (Opeth)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Legion (Marduk)
Fernando Ribero (Moonspell)
Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
Andrea Ferro (Lacuna Coil)
King Diamond
Glen Benton (Deicide)
Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth)
Larry Tarnowski (Iced Earth)
Bjorn Gelotte (In Flames)
Anders Friden (In Flames)
All of Manowar
Kerry King (Slayer)
Paul Bostoph (ex-Slayer)
Jeff Hanneman (Slayer)

I know that's not everyone but it's a good start. Maybe some of your posts will help me remember..

Whoa. All the people I've met you've met aswell! Nile, Glen Benton ect. Cool :)

Nile were dudes, signed all my stuff ect. I spoke to Glen on MSN messenger, he lemme interview him for the website in my sig. He certainly aint a physco anymore or anything :D

And you met Cristina from Lacuna Coil....you bastard. She so hot *drool*

I copied my post from the thread in the Opeth forum called "Have any relations to a band???":
I don't think I know anyone famous. I have met some musicians if that count? I've met my biggest idol, Lee Hazlewood, after his concert in Aarhus, Denmark. I had him sign all my records (16 lp's + 1 single). I have also met Mike Stern. I saw him live in Aalborg, Denmark and I had brought a couple of P-Funk records cause Dennis Chambers was the drummer, so I had him sign them (Dennis Chambers signed the records that is). The only reason I went to the concert was to see Dennis Chambers and it was defenitly worth the money, as he kicked major ass! The best drumming I've heard my entire life!!!!
I've also done an interview with Hellhammer & Blasphemer of Mayhem. It was at last years Roskilde Festival. They also signed my pic-disc of "Mediolanum capta est" and so did Necrobutcher & Maniac. I talked a little with Necrobutcher, but not that much with Maniac. I also had some pictures with them, except for with Maniac.
I saw Biohazard live and after the show they came out and talked to people, but I didn't really talk to them.
I've also met the Danish band Boghandle. I got a stick from the drummer, the guitarist made me a drawing and I had them autograf a hat I had made. This was in 5th grade I think. A girl from my school had won a competition in a Danish magazine so Boghandle played in our school gym. There was also a picture of me and some of my friends in the mag next month.
I've also met Ulrika from MTV Europe. It was too bad I only talked to her for 30 seconds or something (she had to work), as I didn't have time to fuck her in the ass!!!
I can't remember if I've met more, but those people I'll most likely never meet again, so it's not like I know them.

Nice thread !

I met and spoke to the following :

Anders, Jesper, Bjorn, Peter & Daniel (In Flames). Yes, the whole band, and twice :)
Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity)
Leif Jensen (Dew-Scented)
Stéphane Buriez, François Jamin, Hervé Coquerel, Nicolas Leclercq (Loudblast) ;
Fabrice & Ludovic Loez, Laurent Bessault (Supuration / SUP)
"Wolf" (Out)

Hi,
I met many metal musicians but these are the most famous:

Chuck Schouldiner (Death)
Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
Jeff Waters (Annihilator)
Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy)
Andri Kursch (Blind Guardian)
Dark Tranquillity
In Flames

and more....

If you want you can take a look at some photos on my ugly website.

Stay heavy,

The Hammer
THE HAMMER'S WEB

guys of cephalic carnage
guys of severed savior
guys of psypheria

and i get the chance to chill with arch enemy (backstage) on the 17th. and maybe get to specially meet angela ;)

yeah right. i will say hi though, just be cool.
~gR~

The Hammer you met chuck schuldiner you lucky bastard.
the only musician ive met is the bassist of killswitch engage who is a cool guy he loves at the gates and carcass, the conversation was mostly about the heartwork album.

Gene Hoglan (SYL)
Testament
Stuck Mojo
Igor Cavalera (Sepultura)
Fear Factory
Static X
Slipknot
Hatebreed
Sevendust
Obituary
The Chasm
Pantera
Slayer
Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)

George "corpsegrinder" fisher(had a toast with him)
The bass player from samael(forgot his name)
Mikael Stanne(just went over to say hi)
Alex Webster

Met Danzig at a signing session for his comic book line (got my Dangig III box set signed too!) and the rest I catch after shows. When you see these shows in the USA, they usually play smaller clubs so most of the time they're just hanging out with the crowd or at the bar. I just go up and start bullshitting with them. For the record, I think Christina Scabbia was the sweetest. She's a doll to talk to. Cradle of Filth is exceptionally polite as well...

I've met alot of bands

Slayer (except for Dave Lombardo)
Arch Enemy
Susperia
Karl from Nile
Jack Owen from Cannibal Corpse
Dew Scented
Krisiun
Impaled
Dena from Promisqes
Marilyn Manson
Tim from Oppressor

that's all I can remember right now.

Hmm.. people I've met you guys would know and care about:

Geoff Tate (Queesrÿche)
James LaBrie (Dream Theater)
Mike Baker (Shadow Gallery)
Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon)
all of Summer Dying
Tobias Sammet (Edguy/Avantasia)
Jeffrey Plate (Trans-Siberian Orchestra/Savatage)
Fear Factory
Our Lady Peace
Slymenstra Hymen (Gwar)
Michael Sweet (STRYPER)
the guys in Deliverance
Disturbed
P.O.D. (Several times)
I hung out with EXTOL, Antestor, Lengsel, and Vaakevandring when they were in the States for a music festival..

Mike Baker and Arjen Lucassen used to be pretty good net-friends of mine. We've since lost contact, but they're really awesome guys to know!

I've meet several other people, though none of which msot of you might be familiar with (or care about for that matter - haha!)

~Sh0k~

Chuck Billy
Steve Digiorgio
Eric Peterson
John Allen
Steve smyth

Corpse grinder & Pat O'brien 2x - Cannibal corpse
Nick Barker - Dimmu Borgir
Lex Icon - kovenant
Stuart - Cradle of filth
Sarah Jezebel Diva
Josh - Type o negative
guys from god forbid
Krisiun 2x

Shane Embury from Napalm Death was in Wolverhampton checking out a Raging Speedhorn gig a couple of months ago, and I got to meet him - seems a cool guy, but you can tell he's not entirely comfortable with the whole 'godfathers of grind' adulation-fests he attracts... plus he clearly misses his booze... I've never seen anyone look so wretched at the prospect of spending all night at a gig drinking Coke... hehehe