fan interviews at swano.tk

guys...
if you want to be on the website, pls e-mail the answers to me...
I've got a hard time to sweep this thread for people that haven't e-mailed me...

cenzu[at]cenzu.com

1.Who are you, how old are you and where are you from?
Grisha, 20, North Carolina, USA (Originally from Kazakhstan though)

2.How and when did you get into Swanö?
Funny story. My father downloaded Crimson from somewhere because he read a good review of it. Then he tried listening to it and hated it (he is not a metal guy). So he offered it to me since it was “more of my taste”. So I listened to it and absolutely loved it. After that I got into EOS and later into Nightingale. Never looked back.

3.What do you do while listening to Swanö-music?
Scream, growl, sing and just feel good about life.

4.Do you play any instrument, or maybe you're in a band or something?
I suck at guitar. I can play a little bit of classical piano and I like to mess around with my Midi controller and Fruity Loops.

5.What is your one favorite band?
It is hard to say since my taste changes. But probably Edge of Sanity (I still listen to Crimson, Crimson II all the time)

6.Which of all Swanö related projects is your personal favorite?
Excluding Edge of Sanity it has to be Nightingale

7.What Swanö project intrests you the least?
Unicorn and Pan-Thy-Monium (just can’t get into them)

8.Your one favourite Swanö song? Note, only ONE!
Nightfall Overture

9.What is your version of a "manly" and "metal" meal? (like Tom Nouga's "biff på Werners vis")
A pile of pork ribs, drowning in barbeque sauce with a heap of fried potatoes…beer to finish it off

10.What do you like?
I like messing around with making music, playing airsoft, my family, my friends and good music of course.

11.What do you dislike?
Unfaithful people, backstabbers, modern pop-culture, pop divas, horrible nu-metal (some bands are good, but most are trash) and Rednecks

12.What's on your playlist and/or TV?
Nightingale – Nightfall Overture (the album)
The Project Hate – Armageddon March Eternal
Soilwork – Figure Number Five
Diabolical Masquerade – The Phantom Lodge
Katatonia – Viva Emptiness
Disturbed - Belive

13.Got any last words?
True talents are only recognized after death. YOU WILL BE FAMOUS ONE DAY DAN!

Infest_dead aka Igor, 25 years, Russia, Omsk

2.how and when did you get into Swanö?
Read in magazines about Dan, and started searching, and in 1999 FOUND "Spectral Sorrows"!

3.what do you do while listening to Swanö-music?
Everything, everywhere, anytime.

Played drums in grind/death band Matter Splatter, but left them, 'coz was no future. Then programmed drums for 5 melodic-death tracks recorded with my friend.

5.what is your one favourite band?
Can't be only ONE.
There are many: Edge Of Sanity, Opeth, The Project Hate, Hypocrisy....

6.which of all Swanö related projects is your personal favourite?
Edge Of Sanity, Moontower

-

not sure that it written by Dan, but if it is - "Velvet Dreams"
if not, "Forever Together Forever"

9.What is your version of a "manly" and "metal" meal? (like Tom Nouga's "biff på Werners vis")
Meat & Beer!

10.What do you like?
Life, music, girls (only one, and I love Her), car-racing, movies, foto, literature, art, internet.

11.What do you dislike?
Lack of time & money to do what I want.

12.what's on your playliste and/or TV?
Edge Of Sanity - "Evolution", "Infernal (only Swano songs)"

13.Got any last words?
Be metal, Be unorthodox!
:headbang:

Im Hanse, 26 from Sweden

2004 when my freind Jimbob introduced Nightingale to me. Although without knowing about Dans involment in Project Hate i happend to hook up with them even earlier...

Drink beer, sing a long *crappy as hell but always with a big smile*

When i was 14 i played bass guitar in a fuckin Punkband in Kumla Sweden *we never make it to the big scen* :loco: The best we acomplished was a lousy version of swedish punk band "Ebba Gron"s song: 800 grader

The Hellacopters

Nightingale

Can´t tell *security reasons*

Dreamreader *the "later" version*

9.What is your version of a "manly" and "metal" meal? (like Tom Nouga's "biff på Werners vis")My own made Hamburger *its the best* served with beer

10.What do you like?
Beer, women, travel, rock, meeting new people

11.What do you dislike?
Crazy frog *driving me nuts* rap, weirdo jazz, stupid idiots and warm beer...

^ I've never heard it, would love to but the those cds arent the easiest to find :(

that's half the fun of it :) they are rare gems. Lasercd.com usually has one of them and I know he takes special orders as well... Or you can get them from Dan. I love Unicorn :D

Tim, 22, from Germany

Sometime around 2002 I downloaded Moontower, and have been discovering the Swanöverse ever since.

Singing along, rocking along, being naked.

I play the trumpet. I'm also a singer, make- shift keyboarder and doer-of-stuff in the band Kohlrabihaus.

Blind Guardian.

Moontower is quite a special album to me, since it provided to me great comfort and inspiration during a somewhat crappy period of my life. (It kinda helps that it's a really, really good album, too.) It's also the album that made me fall in love with cheesy analogue synth sounds and keyboards in general.

Probably Infestdead or something.

Eternal.

Mett, which is, basically, raw pig's meat with lots of salt that you eat as a spread on rolls with fresh onions. Fuckin' awesome!

10.What do you like?
Sumo, shrimp salad, comic books

11.What do you dislike?
Petty bureaucrats

Subway To Sally - Nord Nord Ost
Hiromi - Brain
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of SOuls
Blind Guardian - Fly
On TV I watch Scrubs, Six Feet Under, Simpsons and lots of unfunny sitcoms, because it still beats getting up in the morning.

13.Got any last words?
In the end, what it all comes down to is, you got a palmful of sand. It's up to you whether you let it trickle through your fingers, or take it and throw it in some motherfucker's face. Be good.

Steve, 19, from Brooklyn, New York, USA

Back around June/July 2005, I found out Therion was touring the USA, I went searching for their music and bought Theli, and heard Dan's vocals on the album and loved them. I started researching his history, and reading reviews of his bands on http://www.ssmt-reviews.com/ and starting buying and downloading albums of his and slowly fell in love with each project!

Singing and dancing. or playing along on guitar.

I play guitar, bass, drums (for a few monthes), and piano. I have 4 bands, my solo band (Kneading The World) which is avantgarde/progressive/black-tinged metal and I play, sing and write everything. A band with my friend called Ilya called Emphasis on Poultry and we play avantgarde/black/jazz/bizarre stupid metal we both write everything and both play guitar and the other instruments we alternate with, and we both sing. I have a pop-punk band called Tuffy where I play guitar and sing, and a hardcore band called The Buddies where I play drums, and sing some songs.

Solefald, Arcturus, Ulver, Vintersorg, Waterclime

Probably Unicorn. The music is SO beautiful and his vocals are so lush and warm and it's just such an uplifting band. I do also like Moontower ALOT though, and Nightingale ALOT. And STEEL, I love Steel!

I guess some of those super obscure death bands I've read about, Incision, Infestdead. I've never been a big fan of death metal at all, I hardly even listen to Edge Of Sanity.

Nightingale - The Glory Days (from Nightfall Overture)

A huge sloppy bowl of beef chili with a huge loaf of bread.

10.What do you like?
I like really powerful music, alot of atmosphere and real strong feelings, no matter what they are. I like really layered music too. I love my guitars, and dogs, and my friends and my best friend/girlfriend.

11.What do you dislike?
People who prefer to complain.

Music: Lots of Vintersorg and Devin Townsend lately. TV: The Shield and The Sopranos.

13.Got any last words?
Life is wonderful.

cenzu said:

Jim Raggi, 31, I've lived in Riverside, CT, Kissimmee, FL, Atlanta, GA, and Vasa, Finland.

cenzu said:

Saw some reviews in Metal Maniacs, stumbled upon a couple of CDs in a store, and that was about it.

cenzu said:

Listening is doing something. If I'm doing something else, then I'm not really listening.

cenzu said:

Nope.

cenzu said:

Hammers of Misfortune.

cenzu said:

Nightingale.

cenzu said:

Infestdead.

cenzu said:

Crimson.

cenzu said:

I am metal and I enjoy pasta and fish sticks, so the answer is pasta and fish sticks.

cenzu said:
10.What do you like?

Things that are not all slicked up and glossy and made for easy consumption. Things that are done for the love of it, and not things done for the benefit of it.

Really shit-awful, no redeeming value, piece of shit bad movies.

cenzu said:
11.What do you dislike?

Religion and government involvement in every day life (schools, health care, familial relations...).

cenzu said:

If it wasn't for the wife insisting on watching TV, I would watch exactly zero television programs, which was the case from 1994-2004. Fuck the idiot box.

Playlist lately:

Diamondhead- Lightning to the Nations
Demon- The Unexpected Guest
Pharaoh- The Longest Night
Discharge- Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing
Bal-Sagoth- The Chthonic Chronicles
Her Enchantment- Darkest

cenzu said:
13.Got any last words?

I'll email this sometime or another.