Fantasy soccer manager

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
If anyone is interested in a free online soccer manager, check this one out:
http://uk.soccermanager.yahoo.net/yfbm/start.jsp

You don't have to know anything about soccer to play, as the players are imaginary. You are the trainer and manager of the team, and so you decide what players to train, buy or sell them on the transfer market, try and get promoted to higher leagues while getting sponsors and building stadiums for your fans.

I've also set up a custom league, so if anyone wants to join me, sign up for "Beer Drinkers United" in the friends section.

You can sign-up at ANY time, whether today or a month from today. You will always start in fifth division until the season ends, then start a full season in fourth division 2 days later. Each season is 18 days long (17 games, and one "rest" day).

The only downside is that we're unlikely to ever play each other given how many teams there are, but it's pretty neat. I've got a team in Div. 4 with about 7000 fans, and another team in Div. 5. I'd recommend buying the 2000 seat stadium before your first home game, and filling out all your sponsors right off the bat to cover the cost of building it. Avoid the transfer market for now, as all the players you're given at the start are good raw talent if you train them well.

Everyone starts in the 5th, and automatically gets bumped to 4th in the following season. It's getting higher that gets tough; there are about 20000 teams and 1100 leagues in 4th div, but only 16 leagues with 300 teams in div 3.

I'll sign in and get you guys approved into the group.

A few tips:

Keep in mind that the position that the computer randomly assigns each player to might not be the one they're best suited to. Try everyone in every position and figure out what they're best at, and then rename them in a way that you'll remember what position they play (I name my goalies after drummers, defence after bass players, midfield after guitarists, and forwards after singers...Bon Scott is my top scorer :lol: )

As for training, train all your subs with stamina promotion until their stamina hits 100. Once that's done, rotate them into the lineup then repeat with a new set of subs...should take about a week and a half to get everyone up to 100. High stamina means better performance throughout the entire game, and less chance of an injury. After staminas are maxed, then focus individual training based on what position they play.

Generally, individual training is superior to team training but takes more points. The one exception is the warm-up match, which benefits everyones motivation. Every day (and you'll have to figure out your local time...for me it's 4:00 pm Mountain time), the players wake up and have all dropped their motivation by 20 points. If you run them through 2 training matches back-to-back, their motivation goes back up to 100%, but there is enough time for their stamina to return to 100% by game time. That by itself raises your teams overall strength by about 20 points.

I'll sign in and get you guys approved into the group.

A few tips:

Keep in mind that the position that the computer randomly assigns each player to might not be the one they're best suited to. Try everyone in every position and figure out what they're best at, and then rename them in a way that you'll remember what position they play (I name my goalies after drummers, defence after bass players, midfield after guitarists, and forwards after singers...Bon Scott is my top scorer :lol: )

As for training, train all your subs with stamina promotion until their stamina hits 100. Once that's done, rotate them into the lineup then repeat with a new set of subs...should take about a week and a half to get everyone up to 100. High stamina means better performance throughout the entire game, and less chance of an injury. After staminas are maxed, then focus individual training based on what position they play.

Generally, individual training is superior to team training but takes more points. The one exception is the warm-up match, which benefits everyones motivation. Every day (and you'll have to figure out your local time...for me it's 4:00 pm Mountain time), the players wake up and have all dropped their motivation by 20 points. If you run them through 2 training matches back-to-back, their motivation goes back up to 100%, but there is enough time for their stamina to return to 100% by game time. That by itself raises your teams overall strength by about 20 points.

Thanx for the tips, i won 3-0 in my 2nd game :)

Glad the tips were useful. I don't profess to be an expert, as I'm still learning the game myself, but I had those tips passed on to me, (and learned a couple the hard way), and thought I'd share them to get you guys started.

It was a big day for me today. Both of my teams were tied for first, and playing the team that they were tied with. My Div 5 team won 4-3 to maintain a perfect 12-0 record, while my Div 4 team won 3-1 to move 3 points clear on top with a 10-1-1 record (Scott Ian scored the game-winning goal, while John Bush added the insurance marker, although Angus Young suffered a minor injury, but he should be back for tomorrow's game :lol: )