FAQs

TexasBeth

Yes, that's my daughter
Jan 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
Getting a lot of questions that are available on the site itself- so I'm sharing the FAQs here in case anyone hasn't visited the TPC site yet. If more arise, I will update the list.

PLEASE NOTE a clarification being addressed on the site- each person cruising MUST submit a registration form even if they are not paying... once you click submit- if you're not paying, you're done, if you are, then proceed to checkout. (paying for more than one than change the number of items).

Can I book directly with Carnival?
No. If you book with Carnival you will not be allowed into the Triton Power Cruise events. Our events are private and credentials will only be given to those who book directly with TPC.

Why is Carnival posting cheaper rates than TPC?
Because Carnival is posting rates to cruise only, as if you were going on any other vacation.

What IS included with the TPC?
TPC fees include the pre-party in Miami, onboard concerts, party in the Bahamas, meet and greet social, and more. All cruise fees include room and food. An additional $55 will be added to your fare for gratuities and fees and there is an optional private open bar mixer with the bands for a $50 badge upgrade.

Are there any hidden fees or additional costs?
What is listed above is included and there are no other hidden costs.

What is NOT included with the TPC?
Spa, beauty salon, any souvenirs, excursions (getaways while ashore), alcoholic beverages, gambling, additional tipping (gratuities ARE prepaid), any expenses once off the ship in the Bahamas, hotel accommodations, airfare, transfers.

When will my final confirmations be emailed to me?
TPC anticipates these documents will begin to be emailed in approximately February. This may give or take and we WILL update guests as to when they may expect Carnival confirmations. TPC confirmations are emailed immediately. We have actually begun getting many of these out already- so we hope to maintain that level of booking returns so you can immediately think about the cruise itself.

What is the drinking age at sea?
21 is the drinking age onboard the Carnival Imagination. The drinking age in the Bahamas is 18.

Will I need my passport, visa or birth certificate?
If you are a US citizen you will not be required to have a passport. US citizens can board with valid photo identification and a certified copy of their state issued birth certificate. TPC strongly encourages all passengers to have their passports "just in case" as you are traveling outside the United States. If you live outside the United States you will need your passport. Residents of the USA/Canada do not need a Visa. For those that do need a Visa, such as residents of Asia or Russia, you must have a Multiple Re-Entry US Visa.

Will TPC be the only group on the Imagination?
No. We will be sharing the ship with other passengers not participating with the TPC event. We strongly encourage all guests of TPC to behave accordingly and respectful to others on the ship.

Can my kids come on TPC?
Yes, you may bring your children but to be admitted to the concerts and events they will be required to have their own credentials. Carnival requires that all passengers under the age of 21 MUST stay in the same cabin as their legal guardians/parents. There are a variety of onboard activities for kids, please visit http://www.carnival.com for more information on activities. TPC strongly encourages parents to consider the concerts will be in a club like atmosphere and there will be drinking.

What times are the concerts and activities?
All information will be provided onboard at registration. As much will be shared in advance of the event, but exact concert times etc. will be given onboard.

Are the bands all going to be on the ship for the cruise?
YES! Every band will all be on the ship for the entire cruise.

What do you mean "Credentials"?
All guests of TPC will be given a lanyard with an identifying badge attached to it. These badges should be worn to ALL TPC events for admission. If you are not wearing your badge you will not be permitted to enter ANY event. This does not include the pre-party as credentials will not be distributed until the following day.

When should we arrive in Miami?
The cruise departs at 4pm on Friday, April 30, 2010. Please allow yourself SEVERAL! Hours time to be processed onto the ship. It is not as simple as checking into a hotel. Arriving at 3:30 by plane may cost you to miss the ship. TPC will be securing a room block near the dock where we will be departing for those arriving the night before or staying after. Hotel information will be posted on the TPC web site very soon.

Flying into Miami you should plan to land no later than 1pm.
Flying into Ft. Lauderdale you should plan to land no later than 12pm.

What if I miss the ship?
Cruise fees are NON-REFUNDABLE unless you bought the Vacation Protection Plan. ($49) Guests may connect with the ship in the Bahamas but it is a self-expense to get there and get onboard.

If there is an emergency at home can I be reached?
Yes. Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States. Internet cafés are available onboard for a fee.

What are Shore Excursions?
Shore excursions are optional private side trips you may book to further enhance your time in Nassau. These are an additional charge and are booked via Carnival Cruise Lines onboard. A list of excursions can be found here.
http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcurs...rtname=Nassau,+Bahamas&portcode=NAS&region=BH

Is there a dress code?
Jeans, Tshirts, shorts and beachwear are not allowed in the two main dining rooms at any time. These two dining rooms you would dress resort style casual except on the formal night. For formal night elegant cocktail dresses for girls (or pantsuit), and black jacket and tie for guys. If you do not want to get dressed up, the lido deck buffets, grills, and room service are still a casual option.

How many concerts are there?
At current there are two full, multi-act concerts scheduled. There will be no concert on Saturday, May 1, 2010 while we are in the Bahamas due to it being an overnight stay. Instead, TPC is inviting all guests to a 'beach party' with details TBA. This event will be held in the evening after most excursions have returned.

The TPC block on the ship is sold out, is there a waiting list?
There will absolutely be a waiting list. As any cancellations occur the list will be strictly adhered to and potential guests will be given 48 hours to book. All guests electing to be placed on the waiting list will be required to pay in full if they receive a call. Double occupancy is required in all cabins or a 200% payment for single passengers.

What am I forgetting to ask?
We don't know! BUT! TPC is striving to ensure you are fully informed on the cruise process and what to expect from your experience with this event. Should you have any further questions please visit our forum on UltimateMetal.com that will available soon.

Or you may email us directly at info@tritonpowercruise.com

As many can already attest I am making myself 100% available for email and calls, should it take a day or two, I appreciate your patience, but all questions are being answered.

Will I need my passport, visa or birth certificate?
If you are a US citizen you will not be required to have a passport. US citizens can board with valid photo identification and a certified copy of their state issued birth certificate. TPC strongly encourages all passengers to have their passports "just in case" as you are traveling outside the United States. If you live outside the United States you will need your passport. Residents of the USA/Canada do not need a Visa. For those that do need a Visa, such as residents of Asia or Russia, you must have a Multiple Re-Entry US Visa.

You better check on this, as of Jun 1 2009 it is a Federal requirement for all US citizens to have a passport to re-enter the US when traveling abroad. And if memory serves me right The Bahamas are a Independent Soverign nation.

Here is an exert from Customs and Immigration concerning travel to the Bahamas and re-entry to the US:

ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: All Americans traveling by air outside of the United States are required to present a passport or other valid travel document to enter or re-enter the United States. This requirement will be extended to sea travel, including ferry service, on June 1, 2009. Until then, U.S. citizens traveling by sea may present government-issued photo identification and a document showing their U.S. citizenship (for example, a birth certificate or certificate of nationalization). Starting June 1, 2009, all travelers must present Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document such as a passport or a passport card for entry or re-entry to the U.S. Sea travelers should also check with their cruise line and countries of destination for any foreign entry requirements.

We strongly encourage all American citizen travelers to apply for a U.S. passport or passport card well in advance of anticipated travel. American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on how to apply for their passports.

U.S. citizens do not need to obtain visas to visit The Bahamas and may enter using either a passport or, if traveling by sea, a passport card. The Bahamas does not accept Enhanced Driver's Licenses (EDLs) for entry. U.S. citizens planning on an extended stay of several months may be asked by Bahamian immigration authorities to provide proof or evidence of financial solvency upon entry to The Bahamas. Travelers arriving via private watercraft are charged docking fees.

Hi John-
I just REverified the policy with Carnival since I did actually ask this question myself when confirming hte booking.

On all closed loop travel out of the US (which means departing and returning to the same city on a cruise ship) you, as a US citizen, are not required to have a passport. You are required to have valid photo ID.

If an emergency arises in the Bahamas and you needed to fly home- you would need your passport.

The exact words are it is strongly encouraged to have one- but not required.
I appreciate your pointing this out as it is important to note.

Hi John-
I just REverified the policy with Carnival since I did actually ask this question myself when confirming hte booking.

On all closed loop travel out of the US (which means departing and returning to the same city on a cruise ship) you, as a US citizen, are not required to have a passport. You are required to have valid photo ID.

If an emergency arises in the Bahamas and you needed to fly home- you would need your passport.

The exact words are it is strongly encouraged to have one- but not required.
I appreciate your pointing this out as it is important to note.

Just my opinion, but if I were you i would require them to at least have the passport card ID, it takes less time to get, and costs less. I know as a promoter I would feel better if everyone had them, in case something happened. I know i have both up to date passport, and Passport ID.

Understand totally what you are saying :D- but I'm answering the questions as they are written via Carnival. If I put it out there that it is required to have one and someone comes back and says "no, it's not" we're going by my rules rather than the law- which is fine as a promoter to make that call.

I am in line with Carnival in that I STRONGLY urge people to have a passport, but it is not required to board/travel.