Xena and Brian, check this out

When it's cheaper to fill up from the cooking aisle at Coles than it is at the local service station, you won't be laughing !!

Not exactly on topic, but hey, I needed an excuse to post this:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/PA0402/S00235.htm
Prebble: Cooking Wine Crackdown Crazy
Monday, 16 February 2004, 8:26 am
Press Release: ACT New Zealand

Prebble: Cooking Wine Crackdown Crazy

ACT New Zealand Leader Richard Prebble today criticised the Liquor Licensing Authority's decision to crack down on supermarkets selling rice-based cooking wine due to its high alcohol content, describing it as an over-zealous application of the law.

"The Authority's enforcement makes a mockery of the law. It was never intended to be used in this way. How many cases have we heard of underage drinkers being caught with a bottle of cooking wine in their hands? Absolutely none, it's ridiculous," Mr Prebble said. "While the Authority's diligence is to be commended, its efforts would be better focused elsewhere. It's time for it to apply some common sense to its decision-making, and stop suffocating small business with red tape," Mr Prebble said.​

Spiff, how many times have we heard of depressed housewives supping unto the cooking sherry, priests into the alterboys, ermm I mean wine ?

Koichi said:
As soon as it become cheap enough to fill up from the cooking aisle, I can guarentee they will tax it so it won't be.
Yep, Johnny Twodicks (well you can't get that silly pulling on just one) has passed legislation before Christmas imposing the full excise applicable to deaddinodiesel onto biodiesel, virtually killing the industry. In spite of the fact that the exise legally only applied to deaddinodiesel.

I can make it, but must register with the Tax Office, have my property audited by the tax office twice a year, pay my exise, and have my biodiesel tested by a NATA accredited laboratory twice a year, at an annual cost of about $2,000.

I think they've achieved their goal......except for used cooking oil, which they don't tax.

Britain does 'though, so Johnny Twodicks will surely send us down that path.

Blitzkrieg said:
One of my friends was telling me a while back that there was once a guy who invented a water powered car that was cheap to make and all, and he was assassinated. Doesn't surprise me, money hungry fools there is out there.
water powered cars don't work...............unless he found a way to violate the second law of thermodynamics (not in the biblical sense, Koichi does that regularly), has mastered "zero point" energy, and maybe even dark matter.

Of course they assassinated him !!!

You violate a lot of stuff apparenty, so given that the second law of thermodynamics is "inviolable", I naturally assumed that it was your number one target.