Xena and Brian, check this out

Shannow said:
water powered cars don't work...............unless he found a way to violate the second law of thermodynamics

IIRC, the theory behind water-powered cars was that they worked on hydrogen/oxygen fission...you'd need a small amount of power initially to produce an electronic current (provided by a battery) to begin splitting water into oxygen and hydrogen...the hydrogen was the fuel, oxygen was the exhaust :)

Wenda said:
IIRC, the theory behind water-powered cars was that they worked on hydrogen/oxygen fission...you'd need a small amount of power initially to produce an electronic current (provided by a battery) to begin splitting water into oxygen and hydrogen...the hydrogen was the fuel, oxygen was the exhaust :)
The efficiency of a Knowles cell runs at around 70%, and an engine runs at less than 30% efficient. This gives the cycle 21% efficiency, which means that you need to supply 5 times as much electricity as the engine power you get out.

Shannow said:
When it's cheaper to fill up from the cooking aisle at Coles than it is at the local service station, you won't be laughing !!
[color=#aoeooa]How am I meant to get the vehicle into the store?

HUH!?!?! Didn't think of that one did we?[/color]

Shannow said:
The efficiency of a Knowles cell runs at around 70%, and an engine runs at less than 30% efficient. This gives the cycle 21% efficiency, which means that you need to supply 5 times as much electricity as the engine power you get out.

*grin* you have one-upped me :p

especially when it comes time to drag the fuel tank out.

It went into the store so easily, 10Kg of sheet steel, pressed into a rectangular shape that fits the floor of the car.

Then on the way out, it's got 50 or 60 kilos of oil in it. The fucking thing weighs a tonne.

I'd just knock a wall down, drive in and drive out.